Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can't You SEA it's My Second Halloween

Last night was Trunk or Treat at church.  I have to admit it is one of my favorite things we do!  I did steal the idea from another church and bring it to ours, but that is not why I love it.  I just have the best time watching all the Trunk or Treaters interact with so many different, fun people from church. 

This year we were the recipient of the best hand me down costume.  Our friend Davis wore the octopus costume a few years and I raved and raved about how cute it was.  His sweet mamma offered to share it with us this year!  I still think it is the cutest costume ever!!!!
We decided to embrace the sea theme as well as that this is Avery's second Halloween since we did Guess Who's First Halloween with the Owl last year.  Be nice, I know there aren't ducks in the ocean, but it filled good trunk space.  I even played The Little Mermaid CD. 


Lou Lou was so nice she came to our house so that Avery could nap longer while we went to decorate our trunk and get ready for the fun.  Papa came straight from the airport to join in the fun, too.  Avery had a blast, but he did get hungry and need his snack cup by the end.  I realize Avery looks pretty bratty in this one picture, but I think the octopus cleave was pretty hilarious. 

And as you can tell Momma loves Halloween the most.  I can't help it, Aunt Linde has a really fun Birthday that I love to enjoy. 

4 comments:

annalee said...

LOVE IT! times eight!

Dara said...

That costume was adorable on cutie Avery! I loved it!!! Thank you for all of your hard work that goes into planning Trunk or Treat each year! It is always a blast!

kristin fulghum said...

that is one stinkin' cute octopus!

linde said...

little octo