Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 You were great, 2009 will be Sublime!

Well, I must say one of our/my trademarks of 08 unfortunately is being late, so of course my New Year's post falls in line. I will work on this for 09. I must say this year has been our best ever. I can't wait to see what is in our future!
For our celebration we had a grown-up Slumber Party! It was so fun. We got to stay and have fun and then just crawl in bed when we got tired. I loved the idea and hope we get to do it again soon. New Years was a great excuse to try it so that we weren't out on the roads when there might be unsafe drivers, but really it was just fun and should be done anytime.
We are going to have to talk to Avery about gentlemanly behavior especially in your jammies, he got a little frisky with his pal Maggie.
Luckily Daddy was near to remind him to be sweet and keep his hands to himself.
Sarah was a great hostess, and I will always love her because she drinks as much DDP as I do and no water! My kind of girl.
Brooke was a ton of fun, and kept us entertained all year. I am guessing I am in trouble for these pictures since I waited to bust out the camera until about 11:55 when we were all pretty deliriously tired. John, Michael and Matt weren't willing to pose, are you surprised??
I could tell that I was one year older when these little darlings rolled us out of bed at usual time and I was sucking wind from staying up chatting until 2:30. But they are worth it and so was the fun with our friends. I love this picture because I think it is so telling of Avery's love for Katie and David, he is perfectly content to sit and watch them play and they are always sweet to let him watch and throw him a bone of attention when he needs it.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I am glad Avery was dressed correctly. Looks like you ALL had lots of fun.
Mamma

annalee said...

that is the BEST NYE idea ever!

kristin fulghum said...

so fun! i heart slumber parties.

MELANIE said...

I love Avery's New Year's shirt! I also love his blue monkey pajamas--Claire has the same ones in pink! Looks like fun. I'm still way behind in posting my New Year's pics...