Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Tips

Mission organization reared it's ugly head at our house Sunday. I LOVE to organize.
Our pediatrician gave me what I thought was a great tip at our check up. He said while baby proofing is great, the best thing to do with your household cleaners and chemicals is to put them up high out of reach. He said that most accidents he sees are not because parents haven't baby proofed but because of a true accident like you grab the fire extinguisher from under the kitchen sink to go put out the grill come back and little precious is drinking dishwasher soap because the bottle looks like a bottle...
Since the prince may have had to bring a water hose into the house in College Station to put out a fire I started one time.... I thought this made since. So, I moved all the chemicals that used to be here on the bottom shelf to the top and put all the top shelf linens and paper products down low.

I used to read a few parenting books but I found that they stressed me out focusing on what Avery didn't do, instead of what he did. So, I rely largely on tips from our moms and friends for my parenting info.

Here's where you come in. What great tips do you have/have you received. I want Avery to be at least relatively well adjusted and it would be great if he lived through his childhood, too.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great idea! I am going to do the very same thing at our house!

Kelli said...

.