Wednesday, January 14, 2009

30 before 30

My friend Tiffany has a 30 before 30 list of things she wants to do. I am too lazy to actually write mine, but I sort of have one going in my head. This week I crossed off 2 things on my list...

Yoga-I have always wanted to go to yoga but I am way too wimpy to go by myself since I have NO CLUE what I am doing. So Linde joined a gym and let me use one of her buddy passes to go with her. So we went to "gentle yoga" on Monday morning... It was an adventure. We were definitely the youngest members of the class by a good 30 years but I think that was a good thing for yoga virgins. :) I was a little weirded out at first, especially when the lady kept telling us to put our hands on the earth, but she eventually said ground a few times so I knew I wasn't too far out of my element. I am really glad we went it was kind of fun, I would like to go to a regular class and see what that is like sometime, too. But, at least I can say I have been now even if it was gentle yoga.

New friends-Okay, so I am probably the biggest wimp about meeting new people ever! I break out in a cold sweat when I have to talk to strangers. I stress out when I know I am going to be in a setting with people I don't know pretty well, unlike my sister who thrives on meeting new people and awkward conversations. Anyway, I LOVE the friends I have made at church I feel truly blessed to have 4-5 girls I really love and trust. However, there are several more that seem like fun, but I am too wimpy to get to know better. So, I decided to start a book club here in Dallas and invite some of them to join. I did wimp out and invite one old faithful, too, I told you I am not the bravest. We met last night and it was a lot of fun. I am very excited to see what the future holds for this group and get to read some fun books, too.

6 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

good work! my mother in law and i started a yoga class a few months ago and i love it! i am usually the youngest and usually the least flexible, but i still like it.

Kelli said...

Meeting new people is so fun! :)

Maddie said...

FUN! What books are you reading??

Supermom-In-Training said...

I'm so glad you decided to start the book club! I'm the same way - it takes a little more effort for me to make friends!

Lauren said...

Hey Abbe! I have a 30 by 30 list and love it! It gives me goals to shoot for! You should write yours out and cross off the ones you have already done and stuff! Congrats on the yoga and book club! (By the way...this is Melanie's sister...in case you didn't know!) :)

Leah J. said...

I LOVE the 30 before 30 idea! I think I will start working on my list right now. Way to go on the yoga and book club! Would love to hear about more of your 30!