Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bye Bye Christmas

Well, I thought I would give you one last look of the Casa all gussied up for Christmas. These are a few of my favorite views. My sister says I loose all rational decorating sense when it comes to Christmas and it is true, so I am only sharing some of the "classier" views, minus the pug in a dress I just can't quit laughing at it.
All of our stockings have now been "un hung" with not as much care after a wonderful holiday season. I am always so sad to take all the fun stuff down and get on with the nitty gritty of every day life.
I was telling some friends at lunch today that I did not slip into my usual depression as I put all the holiday decorations away. I think at least some of this can be attributed to all the fun we had with mission organization. You should all do it I am telling you. As much as we did, we quickly realized we are just scratching the surface and can't wait to get at it again soon.



I never said much about our holiday season, but let me tell you it was fabulous. We are so thankful that we always get to see both of our families at the holidays because they all live in one place, I am the first to admit sometimes I forget what a blessing that is. While we didn't get to see anyone long, we got quality time which was just what we needed.



Here's my Christmas week top 8 in no particular order.....


1. Watching Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation TWICE, that movie cracks me up. We laughed both times at different things. I love it.


2. Learning that being pregnant makes me weepy. I literally cried because the A&M baby onesie I bought Michael was not the same size as the pants. Not just a little, a lot-sobbing with snot and everything, it was ridiculous. It was really late and I was working 5 out of 6 days in a row, but still I recognize this is ridiculous. Poor Michael..... this is not the woman he married.


3. Celebrating with Mom and Dad at their new house. I am so excited for them, they are getting settled and it is great.


4. Having fun with my friends at work on Christmas Eve. I am so thankful for my work friends. It could be sheer torture to spend 12 hours away from the ones you love on Christmas Eve, but we do such a good job of making it fun. It went by as quickly and with as much fun as possible.


5. Getting to see all of Michael's family at his grandparents' house. I know Michael's grandparents love having everyone at their house and this is not always a possibility. It was fun to see them all, and especially to see Grandma and Grandad enjoying it so much.



6. Celebrating 5 years of marriage! I can't believe it has been 5 years, but they have been great. I am so thankful for Michael. I could never say enough to express how I feel.

7. Spending some quality time at home. While it stinks to have to continue to work a regular week with no vacation at the holidays it does force Michael and I to come home and we had a lot of fun working around the house together on the days I was off since he was off all week.

8. Playing my new hand held Tetris. Who knew that a little game from Target aimed at 10 year olds would keep me entertained for hours. I LOVE IT.


On a side note here are some 25 weeks belly shots, I think 5 weeks have made a pretty significant difference. Please excuse the look, we went walking to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day we had yesterday.

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

amie said...

Very cute belly shot!! I am still so impressed with how great you look at 25 weeks!!

annalee said...

hey hot momma! looking great.
and i'm glad you just posted more christmas pictures, it helped me hold on a little longer to the season too!

Tiffany said...

Your belly is SO cute! Ok, let's plan dinner now that the Christmas craziness is over!

Maddie said...

Holy crap! your so cute ! YEAH BABY!!!!!

Dara said...

I LOVE the belly shots! Too cute! You look fabulous! I completely understand getting down while taking down Christmas. Of course, my Christmas is all still up and that is making me depressed to have a mess at my house when it should all be gone by now! Oh well! Love being Type A! Love the mission organization! We need to do that as well at our house! Great idea! I guess we would need to actually stay home during a break/holiday sometime! Good luck with that! Ha! Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

My fave was #2!!! :) Gotta love pregnancy! Very cute picture of a very cute pregnant mommy!!

John and Bevin said...

You are so cute! I literally laughed out loud while reading your #2 on your top 8 list! I am glad to see you are doing so well!
-Bevin