MISSION ORGANIZATION!!!!!!
Michael and I are hard at work organizing our guts out and loving it. I can barely stop long enough to type this, but I know I haven't blogged in forever and I am in between closets. So far we have tackled the pantry, linen closet, paper goods cubby and Michael is hard at work in his shed. Up next-the laundry room, the office closet and the green room closet. We are boring and we love it. Michael keeps coming in saying how much fun he is having and I am glowing with fun myself, sick I know, but I guess that's why we are a great match!
Happy New Years!
Just to clarify this IS organized, it might not look like it, but I promise it is a huge improvement. We even threw things away-I am determined to stop the pack rat genes running through Michael's veins if it KILLS me.
We had a wonderful Christmas and I will tell you all about it later.
Happy New Years Eve!

7 comments:
I am laughing so hard right now! Ya'll are too funny. Have fun organizing, want to come over to my apt. next? I just don't really care if its organized or not, but if you want to do it, feel free! I'll even pay you:)
As a pack rat, I am completely jealous of your orginization skills!
A side note...I am moving your way soon (just ask Kelly L) and hope we can get together and catch up!
My mother-in-law got me the best gift this year for Christmas! She paid someone who is a personal organizer to come to our house when we move and help me set up all closets, drawers, shelves in the most organized systems and creates a binder with a schedule of maintenance for all of it for you. Isn't that awesome? I have the Type A organizer gene also, but now I have the busy part-time working full-time mommy and minister's wife gene and can't wait to get some help!
Hooray!!! a new blog!!! I am happy to know you inherited the "if in doubt throw it out" gene from your grandmother and name sake! You do remember you are having a garage sale this month---don't you? see you 11 and 12 for more fun!
Mamma
I'm an organizer too. The people at work take advantage of me all the time and want me to organize things in the office. I usually enjoy it unless its too overwhelming. I plan on cleaning things out once my winter term class is over. :)
Abbe, I laughed as I was reading through your post! Brian and I are also first-born type A personalities, and we spent our New Year's Day the same way as you. Brian's comment at the end of the day: "We kicked butt today, didn't we?" It was such a good feeling to get more organized!!
Ok, so I was reading these comments, and I'm a first born, but I guess I didn't get the type A personality that all of the other first borns received. I didn't realize I was supposed to be an organizing queen like my fellow oldest child friends. I kind of feel left out! I'm gonna have to come over and take some lessons!
Post a Comment