Sunday, December 9, 2007

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas


We had a very fun weekend with our church family. Sunday was our annual Christmas party, Holly Jolly. We had an amazing dinner cooked by some of our very talented friends Josh, Jon and Jordan! They made steaks, mashed potatoes green beans and the best salad and you would not believe the budget these guys did it on. Talk about servants of the year. I got to be a table host which means you bring your dishes and decorate for your guests. My table last year was a little but cuter and definitely more classy, but Linde helped me. This one I did all by myself so I am very proud. Well, almost all by myself. Sarah found the garland and place card holders and a lot of our church friends gave moral support as it came time to get it all set up.

Linde also came by and took our Christmas card pictures last night, so hopefully I will get those going soon. I must say that Cleo was her usual photogenic self and we got some fabulous shots, it is going to be hard to choose her best look.

Not too much else is going on. I am very sad about the writers' strike, but luckily I have FaLaLa Lifetime and the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Fam to keep me in Christmas movies until this is resolved.

Happy Monday, only 15 days until Christmas!




By the way you will notice their is no black coffee cup, if anyone knows where it is just return it and I won't say anything..... And no, it was missing before Holly Jolly, so I am thinking the guilty party probably has a present under my tree that they aren't getting unless they fess up. :)

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the tables! You did a great job of decorating!!!! I too want to schedule a christmas playdate...can we do that soon? we live WAY too close to each other not to hang out more. I'll email you!

annalee said...

what a great table setting! i love how you worked in so many different colors into such a festive Christmas themed table, nice work!

amie said...

Love the table..I did not take your cup..swear!

Dara said...

Loved your table, Abbe! It was like a party! Very festive! You did a great job! I can't wait to see the Christmas card picture. I am sure Cleo is absolutely adorable. I would be more than happy to return the black coffee mug if I had it... so sorry!

Dara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a fun table!! You did a great job! Our church did the same thing this year, and it made for a very fun & cozy party!

Unknown said...

...it's the best time of the year! I did not take your cup. Did you look in the shed? I do know where you can get another one though. The table looks simply marvelous; just like you darling.
Love you!
Mamma