

So we finally made it to Florida after a delayed flight that included the captain letting us know that he and the other cock pit members had "enough manuals to get a college degree out to figure out what's wrong" yikes! I figured out that we were staying on Universal Studios property... I'm a quick one. We had originally planned to go to Disney that day (Wed.) but decided it was too late and we were too hungry. So we rode the super cool water taxi about 5 minutes to City Walk and had a great hamburger at Hard Rock. We enjoyed looking around and were so glad for food breakfast was at 6:45 and this was our next meal at about 4:45! Too bad they didn't have early bird specials.
Then we went to see The Bucket List I thought it was great, but I cried Buckets. I don't know why I didn't think before we went to see it that it might be a little sad-duh. However, pack a BOX not a few kleenex and go see it. It really is worth going to see.

Then we met some of Michael's friends who had come in on a later flight at another fun restaraunt on the City Walk-Margaritaville. It was very fun, but you may remember how I feel about Margaritas and vacation....

So I was a little sad. But, it was a great night because we had a fun date and I got to practice meeting new people on a smaller crowd. I think I did all right and all of Michael's work friends were so nice.
This was our great view from the water taxi on the way back to the hotel.

Thursday, Fridayand Saturday Michael worked his tail off while I had a mani-pedi, read a good book (see the review if you are interested) and generally enjoyed myself lounging. I went to some of the meetings and enjoyed most of the speakers I heard a lot more than I thought I would. Thursday night there was a cocktail party to meet clients and I met the most people there. I thought it went really well and that everyone was so nice. Saturday night was the black tie dinner and I think we cleaned up pretty nice. My dress was probably a tad casual, but I was comfortable and didn't feel out of place so that was good. It was a long night and I was very glad I was in something comfortable and cute if I do say so myself. Unfortunately this picture was taken pretty late so we are a little ragged looking. We didn't even plan it, but I thought we coordinated very nicely. :)

Sunday we got up bright and early and headed to the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! What can I say it was greatness at every turn. My Disney experience was truly everything it was cracked up to be. Everyone was so nice from the moment we hit the property. As soon as we made it into the park there was a parade on Main Street. It was so neat.

After the parade we walked to Cinderella's Castle where there was a fabulous show with Mickey, Minnie and Donald-I was in kid heaven.

We rode several rides and loved them all. My favorite was the Buzz Lightyear Ride, even though Michael big time beat me. He also really liked Space Mountain.

I just can't get over the attention to detail at every turn. Even the bushes are amazing. Everyone was nice, helpful and accomodating. I also think January is a great time to go. Even though it was a little cold we didn't have to wait long for any of the rides we rode.

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Minnie and come back home. I can't wait to take Wee there and find out if we go to the princess or pirates party!
10 comments:
I am glad you had such a great time. I think you were very appropriately dressed. Minnie told me she agreed! Mickey thought it was cool you two matched at the dinner!
Love ya---think garage sale!
Mamma
you are one cutie prego! so glad the trip was great and you and wee got to go with michael.
Glad to find your blog. Sorry you weren't able to make the Ladies Retreat as God showed up in a big way, but happy you had a great trip. I hope Steve and I can do Disneyworld one day!
Fabulous dress!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed a mini-vacation with your hub!
looks way fun! You are so cute pregnant!!! Glad y'all were able to getaway!!!
Oh, how I love Disney World!!! I am so glad you two had such a great time! It is a "whole new world" of experiences at Disney World with kids... so I am glad you got to do it once before. It is as fun or more so with kids, just different!!! You looked great in your dress! I love coordinating couples! hee-hee!
Oh, how I love Disney World!!! I am so glad you two had such a great time! It is a "whole new world" of experiences at Disney World with kids... so I am glad you got to do it once before. It is as fun or more so with kids, just different!!! You looked great in your dress! I love coordinating couples! hee-hee!
I am glad you had fun!! Think how much more fun it will be with Wee in the future!!
I emailed you... but it might have filtered to your junk email folder.
Post a Comment