Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Double Edged Milestone

Hanky Panky is growing and changing by leaps and bounds right now.  It seems like he is daily showing us a new trick and I love it!  It is so fun to see the teaching we attempt to do pay off, and I am again amazed at all his little brain just learns.  God made babies so resourceful. 
I have to say that being a super good puller upper is KILLING me though.  While it is precious that he can do it, it is wrecking sleep!   I can't think of another more disruptive milestone.  A time that would usually mean rolling over to find a passy now means standing up in bed to whine and carry on.  Luckily, he has also learned to clap, shake his head no when you ask him if he is a girl and does an excellent fake cough when you ask him how he's feeling.  I also love watching him motor after Avery in a full crawl, no more of that tiny baby army crawl business.  Things are rapidly changing at our house, I LOVE IT, but it is so sad too!  My babies are turning in to big boys. 
Avery is doing his fair share, too.  He is so funny with what he says.  Yesterday we were getting ready for church and he asked me if there was going to be a bounce house, I said no and he said "well, maybe we can work on that mamma."
He also said "Oh dear" like a 72 year old and buried his head in his hands when Michael told him he only had 1 leftover scone for breakfast before school this morning.  I think he is 2 going on 32. 

No comments: