Confession #2-My how our lunch dates have changed. When Amie, Melanie and I first started having play dates I think Brady was the only child and he was a perfect angel. We had a quiet, calm lunch at Maggiano's to celebrate the Christmas season.
This year it was a free for all involving story time with Santa, the trains and the food court. It was a ton of fun, but in a totally different way. But, Melanie and I also got to shop at H&M, which wasn't here all those play dates ago!Confession #3 I HATE skinny jeans, I know they are the cool thing to wear and so I feel like I need to be stylish and not turn into a frumpy boy mom. But, I think they are ugly and not flattering on anyone. However, I do think leggings, jeggings and skinny jeans are comfy with a big shirt and sweater. I am just impossible to please.
Confession #4 We do a terrible job taking advantage of all that this area has to offer.
But one Saturday in December we actually had a great family day. We ate breakfast at The Original Pancake House, yummy! And went to the Children's Museum, or musy-eum as Avery calls it. We had a great time. It wasn't as amazing as the one in North Carolina but it was a great way to spend a Saturday. One of my goals for this year is to do a better job finding and actually doing these things!
Confession #5 This was the best Christmas ever, but it wore me out!
It might be because the joker on the right decided to have a party from 2:45 to 6:15 and the joker on the right woke up at 7:45. I know 7:45 isn't that early unless you have only been asleep since 6:15 and they usually sleep later than that. But it was still the best Christmas EVER because we got to have all our family with us, and Michael and I didn't fight AT ALL about what to do for Christmas (a true Christmas Miracle)!!!
Confession #6 I am terrible at documenting family in pictures, I tried so hard and still didn't end up with a picture of Blake from Christmas morning.
Confession #7 I love that mom gets us Christmas jammies every year. Every year she says she is going to quit doing it, but I hope she never does.
Confession #8 I am a terrible nurse at home. Michael had some pretty serious dental work done this week. I am supposed to be all sympathetic and sweet, but instead I made pudding and jello and encouraged him to take his pain medicine.
Confession #9 I should make a resolution to be more healthy this year. But, I really don't want to, I HATE to exercise and I LOVE to eat crap. Right now I can get away with murder because I feed another little person, but that is about to over and it is going to be very sad from a calorie count stand point.
Confession #10 I want to be one of those really funny, popular bloggers, but I never blog and when I do it is just pictures of my kids. But now you know the truth!
Confession #11 Hank is my favorite today. Not because he is 10 months old, that makes me mad at him he is growing too fast. He is my favorite because he can't talk and tell me sassy things like "I want to eat candy, THAT IS MY CHOICE!"
Confession #12 Avery will be my favorite tomorrow because he can talk and say hilarious things like "mamma are you singing hallelujah with Hanky? Is it time to go to Bible class yet?" while sitting on the potty on a Thursday afternoon!
Confession#13 I really don't have a favorite child. I love being a mother, but I will always work hard to make sure that Michael is my favorite. I got to chose him and I will still be married to him when my babies have grown up and chosen the person they want to spend their lives with. But, I DO LOVE MY BOYS TO PIECES BOTH OF THEM PERFECTLY EQUAL AND AS INDIVIDUALS(that was for you mom)!
Confession #14 I can't decide what to do about preschool for Avery next year. I think he would love going another day a week because he loves school so much. Also, I have wanted to kill him every day this week and been counting down the hours until he goes back to school next week. This is because I am terrible at providing enough structure and activities to keep that little 2 year old boundary testing mind busy. But, the thought of not getting to be with him 3 days a week makes me really sad, too.
Confession #15 This blog has been way too long and self indulgent and if you are still reading you deserve a prize!
Happy Saturday





2 comments:
I am right there with you on #7 and #9.
You ARE funny Abbe.
I agree skinny jeans are not flattering, but I felt compelled to get some after someone told me bootcut jeans are the new mom jean. As long as the top one wears is big, I think they are ok.
Post a Comment