It's Saturday afternoon, and I was watching Julie and Julia while I was folding some laundry. It motivated me to post this recipe I keep meaning to share. This is mom's slumber party specialty. ALL my girlfriends in high school would request it when they came over to spend the night. It is also a Christmas morning requirement in my opinion. I am a lunch side of brunch girl all they way, but I LOVE this breakfast. (Some sausage balls do cut the sweet nicely in my opinion.)
1 c butter or margarine
1 c sugar
3 eggs3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 12 oz package chocolate chips (semi sweet morsels)
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
You also need one super cute assistant. I hope my little prince always loves cooking with his mamma, it is one of my favorite ways to spend special time with him!
1. Cream butter (this will be easier if it is softened) then gradually add sugar. Then add eggs one at a time beating after each egg. If you have a kitchen aid it is worth getting it out, it makes this recipe much easier!
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter/sugar/eggs in mixer. Begin and end with flour mixture. My mom says you do have to do it this way or it won't work right.
I do 1/3 of flour mix, 1/2 of sour cream, 1/3 of flour mix, the other half of the sour cream and then the rest of the flour mix.
When you are done your batter will be pretty thick.
4. Combine chocolate chips, cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl.
5. Put half of the batter in a greased 9x13 pan.
6. Put half of the chocolate chip mixture on top of the batter.
7. Layer the other half of the batter on top and the put the rest of the chocolate chip mixture on the very top. (Sometimes I add a few more chocolate chips because they make it great!)
8. Bake in a 350 oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
ENJOY!!!

1 comment:
Yum! Definitely need to try that one! I may try that one in Colorado over spring break!!!
Post a Comment