Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th Fun

Happy 4th of July from lady gentleman Liberty!!!

I hope your 4th is going great. I absolutely love 4th of July! We decided to get the fun started early this year and celebrate at Kaboom in Addison with some friends. We had so much fun. The fireworks were awesome as always and the weather really wasn't too hot. It was a whole new experience with Avery he was so great. We had these yummy cookies. My friend Amie told me about these and they are perfect for a 4th nut like me. Mix 1/3 c oil and 2 eggs with a funfetti cake mix. Bake them like cookies, and frost when cooled. Always fun and yummy! With a watermelon plate for extra summer spirit. :)


Just in case you didn't believe I am obsessed here is my carefully assembled craptacular collection of 4th accessories. I wore it all last night... necklaces (thanks Aunt Susan Jo), flip flops with red polish for red-white-blue, bracelets, and the back pack plus my actual red-white-blue outfits. We got a great family picture last night, but by the time we made it home I had to go to bed. Saturday I will be celebrating at work with holiday pay! Yay!!
I hope you have a Happy 4th!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We were at Kaboom Town too last night! I think it's one of the best shows in DFW. Too bad more and more people discover it each year. :)

Heather said...

It sounds like a lot of people we knew were at Kaboom town last night...too bad we all missed each other! Glad you guys had fun. Happy 4th of July!

linde said...

Sir Liberty is SOOOO cute and toooo big. It makes me sad to see him turn into a big boy. The baby days are ending, sniff!

The Coggins said...

So cute. He is getting so big. I enjoy reading about yall. I tried your chicken tamale recipe and salad. It was delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
Julie

annalee said...

glad you had some festive fun!