Thursday, November 20, 2008

Compliment...I think

Setting--Tom Thumb Frozen Food Aisle

Sweet Middle Aged Woman: What a cute baby, I am guessing he's a boy?"

Abbe:Yes he is, thanks!

Avery: Smile sweetly, with 1 dimple even

SMAW:He's certainly loved

Abbe:He is, we are blessed

SMAW:Yes, he's definitely not abused

Abbe:Smile and nod

SMAW:Look at those nostrils

Abbe:Smile and Nod

SMAW:They are so adorable, he is going to have sexy nostrils when he grows up

Abbe:Uh, Well, thanks ummm I am just going to get my garlic bread now

SMAW: I know you need to get going but he is just precious

Abbe:Thanks have a good day, we better go. Roll off hopefully not too quickly in opposite direction
So here are those sexy nostrils... By far our most randomn compliment to date. From these 2 pictures they look pretty normal to me.
And people wonder why I don't like talking to strangers. How are you supposed to respond to someone calling your 7 month old's nostrils sexy... I know she meant well though...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

this is one of the funniest things i've read in a long time! i wasn't aware that nostrils could be sexy...

aren't you glad you have a blog so you can always remember stuff like this??

Tiffany said...

some woman will one day REALLY appreciate Avery's sexy nostrils. when he is asked what is one thing that people first notice about you...he can reply with "My sexy nostrils". Always a good thing.

Brooke said...

The only thing stranger than a lady thinking something is sexy on a 7 month old is a lady that thinks nostrils are sexy. Strange, strange lady.

mereburk said...

Oh my goodness! This is too funny and so made me laugh when I really needed to! Nostrils - sexy?

kristin fulghum said...

i have always been attracted to nostrils and i can tell you that avery's are rather sexy.

Dara said...

Only you, Abbe! That is too funny! Yes, I definitely would have darted out of there as fast as possible!

What people will say to moms about their babies is amazing! Crazy, but amazing!

MELANIE said...

Very strange uh, compliment indeed! I did laugh at that though!

linde said...

this is the first picture where sweet baby boy looks like his momma. look at those preshy presh big blue eyes:)