Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, we had a crazy and great weekend. Thursday night after work I trekked to the big city of Bullard to have a garage sale with Mom. When the fam moved to the lake she decided it was finally time to get rid of a lot of little country home crap that had been hanging around since the 80's and a lot of other stuff that had just accumulated since our move to T town in 95. So we/she (I really just showed up for the easy part) spread all our lovely stuff out and tried our best to sell it. It was a little cold on Friday and it is a little hard to find the new house, but we still made some great nursery $$ and I got to spend quality time with Mom and Daddy. Plus, Mimi stopped by for lunch and provided 2 soups and 3 kinds of cookies-I love having Mimi by us!
After the big sale I went home and Michael had our standard dork night date, Pizza and 20/20. I think he was snoring by about 9:50 which for him is kind of late. I happily played my tetris and changed the channel to a chick flick until I felt it was a more respectable time for bed, 11:00 we are crazy!
Saturday we went to Austin to see our travel BFF's Annalee and Evan and meet sweet Adelaide. She is adorable. We had so much fun loving on her and she was very sweet to play nicely while we went out to dinner Saturday night and brunch on Sunday, I hope Wee was taking notes. I also finally got to play Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. I loved both and I am officially jealous of all my friends who got a DS for Christmas, Annalee's is awesome. I really really want one. Tetris, Brain Age and so much more-I might not ever get anything done. Maybe it is good I don't have one.
Michael and I made it home just in time to chat outside with the neighbors for a few minutes, it was a beautiful day and get comfy for the Super Bowl. What a game. I had told everyone I knew I just didn't really care about it blah blah blah. But, wow. I am impressed. I found myself cheering for Eli and thrilled when the Giants won. That guy who caught the ball with his helmet should have been MVP.
Well, that was our weekend. I hope yours was at least half as good!
If you live near me Garage Sale part 2 this Saturday only! There are some great things you probably need! :)

2 comments:

amie said...

I so agreed with you on the MVP thing...Bradley and I both said that last night!! It got good at the end of the game, but it was lacking excitment the rest of the game.. I was also un-impressed with the commericals...

annalee said...

1) we had SO much fun with y'all!
2) i second your NEED for a DS
3) so GLAD you guys made it home safely
4) hope garage sale part 2 goes WELL
5) i can't wait to meet WEE