Well, Annalee I will respond to your tag since I am pretty sure you are the only person reading my blog. I have lots of favorite restaurants, but I have the eating habits of a 5 year old so most of the places are not very exciting. Here they are in no particular order.
1&2-I LOVE PIZZA! My favorite pizza places are tied for very different reasons. First, Campisi's I think it is greatness that the pieces are so skinny, you can eat a lot of pieces and totally blame it on them being small. Campisi's also has a great salad and their thin crust is the greatest! My other favorite is Angelo's. I feel very cool eating there because it is more local and their 5 cheese pizza with red sauce is TO DIE FOR. I am not really a cheese pizza girl, I love pepperoni, but it is amazing. Angelo's also has a fantastic Greek salad that makes me feel healthy when i eat it before my pizza. And, in contrast to Campisi's, Angelo's pieces are so huge that even I can only eat 1 or 2 so I feel super dainty.
3-I ALSO LOVE HAMBURGERS! My most favorite are on the grill, but I also love Juicy's they are so good greasy and I am sure have already shaved years off my life. And, they have free beans which I will not touch with a 10 foot pole, but make my men very happy campers. If you're ever in Tyler and need a burger that is the place to go.
4-Taco Diner and Mi Cocina-In our house their is a constant battle for which is the best, but they really count as one since they are both part of the M Crowd. Taco Diner has great simple, yummy Mexican food. Mi Cocina is more traditional, but I have come to love a salad there and it even has blue cheese in the dressing-I'm growing up! Both have great queso and margaritas, my top two requirements in a Mexican food joint.
5-Del Friscos-If you are ever in the mood for a fancy dinner this is a great place to go, but it has to be a special treat it is quite fancy. I really enjoy the laid back relaxing atmosphere. I like that you get an appetizer, have time to eat and talk, then get a salad again have time to eat it and talk and can really enjoy a meal with friends. They sometimes have a mozzarella and tomato salad and special ranch topped with bacon bits and then lettuce in vinaigrette that I could bathe in. I absolutely love it. The rest of the food is great, but that's why I go. That and my food never touches there. :)
We have so much fun eating out with friends and there are several new restaraunts we are planning on trying. We are going to a fancy dinner at Abacus soon, which I was already so excited about and then saw that a guy from Top Chef is one of their chefs. Also, we are going to be brave and try sushi and Thai soon at Asian Mint, and my sister says we need to try her favorite mexican place Monica's. So, I'll let you know how those go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you for the congrats! Reading your YUMMY blog is making me hungry! How are you guys?! Hope all is well!
We need to go to Mi Cocina togther. It is Matt's absolute favorite! See you Sunday.
i am so glad i found your blog! I will check it daily!!!
y'all have excellent taste in food! we always look forward to meals with you and michael!
Post a Comment