For Book Club this month we read the 13th tale. It was a great book that I highly recommend. I love book club and it has been so much fun to read things I might not normally read. I can't say much because what happens at book club stays at book club, but if you at all like to read I think you should join a book club.
Here's a list of my favorite things about book club, in no particular order...
1)It almost always involves wine and cheese-yum!
2) We read all kinds of books from Freakanomics, to The Devil Wears Prada, to The Tenth Circle
3)Everyone in the group is a different age, I like hearing different perspectives from different places in life
4)It is in my hometown not where I live now. Even though I am glad we don't live there and I am so happy here. I love to go back and see my family and have fun with the club, book club time always comes us just when I need some T-town.
5)I love that the thing we have in common is our faith. Even though we don't read religious books everything always relates back to faith, and it is so fun to hear what that means to each woman.
What great books have you read? I am always looking for a good book when it is my turn to choose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like such FUN! Hummm....I might need to start up a book club! How often do y'all meet? Check out my latest post ... it's all about the books I am currently reading!
sounds so fun! i noticed one of the books was the tenth circle...i love jodi picoult. have you read my sister's keeper? it is my favorite.
My Sister's Keeper was my first Jodi P. book and I LOVED it, I highly reccommend it. She really challenges you doesn't she
The 13th Tale was great! It was one of our best reads in book club too!
Post a Comment