Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Third 3 Year Old Installment!

At last the birthday party post! 

I have to admit this third birthday party stressed me out a little bit.  For reasons too long to go into it is VERY important to me that both of our boys feel absolutely equally loved.  I want them both to think they are the favorite!  So, it is really hard not to compare parties.  But, I think the first birthday is a big deal and after that it is my goal to scale back the party scene a little.  I mean a 3 year old party should be super fun to the 3 year old, but not a sweet 16 MTV style.  :)

So, I decided to take my cues from the honoree.  However, that was a little harder than I thought.  When I asked him what he wanted to do at his party he would say "celebrate and have balloons!"  I could never really get a theme idea out of him.  So, then I decided our theme would be Avery's favorite things.  He said his favorite things were 1-big kids 2-playing at the park!  So, we had his party at the park with some big kids and of course our families!


Avery requested a cookie cake with m&m's and thank goodness Mrs. Fields came through!  I love this picture because it captures the delight and surprise that Avery had when it was finally his birthday! 
I am sure our friends were also thrilled with the "treats" Avery chose to send home with his friends.  Sprite, cheetos and m&m's!  We are health nuts at our house.  :)

Avery had a great time celebrating his third birthday with all his family and several sweet friends.  And for the record, next year I think I am combining parties so that it can be exactly even! 

1 comment:

MELANIE said...

Cute!! I think Thomas' 3rd birthday was a "favorite things" party and he had his favorite foods and did his favorite things! I love it :) Looks like Avery did too!!