At our house many, many things! Hilarious, sweet, dramatic, tired, busy, busy, busy.
Avery is so much fun to be around. I am writing down the funny things he says in his quotable kid journal daily.
It looks like he will be a very averaged sized guy. He has made it all the way to 28 pounds this year! He is about 50% for height and 25% for weight.
I love that he puts his spin on everything these days. If you ask him to count to ten he says 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10! I think this is from playing hide and seek, because all you have to say is "do it right" and he gets all the numbers all the way to 20. The same is true for the Abc's, he will go from g to z if you don't request the extended version.
Avery loves school. I feel very guilty that we were so hard on him about his behavior. While I firmly believe that he contributes to the issues, after talking with his teachers and the director of his school, I think the biggest issue is a class with several rowdy kiddos. His teachers promise they love him and are helping him to have "great days" with his handy new sticker chart. I also have the strongest of assurances that he will have teachers who have teaching degrees next year to challenge Avery and his friends. :) Anyway, he LOVES school. He has so much fun and tells us all about his friends and that they play. He will even occasionally tell you what he learned about. My favorite was when he learned stop, drop and roll. Every time he talks about it he shows and tells very emphatically about each step.
Avery also loves church. He asks to go every day. He loves our children's minister Mr. Jeremy and makes him sing "all the nations" when he sees him if I don't remember to tell him not to first. I am sure it also because Avery thinks the preacher, John, is his personal entertainment slave and John and his family are all to happy to oblige. However, Avery does feel that church is for snacking and chatting not so much singing and allowing others around you to worship and focus.
Avery LOVES to be outside. This weather is killing us because it is beautiful but I am having to keep my allergy kid inside. We play on his bicycle and with wiffle balls, ride in his car and go to the park as often as we can.
Avery does not love brushing his teeth. He is doing much better and thought the dentist was a blast, but would pass on daily brushing every day.
Avery does not love eating vegetables. We bribe shamefully every night at dinner to get him to eat one or two bites of the provided veggies. I laughed so hard the night Uncle Jeff convinced Avery to eat a brussel sprout, he gagged like a big dog but choked it down to make Jeff proud and get some dessert. In Avery's world we would eat cheetos, cheese, fruit and goldfish with dessert of course!
Avery does not love not being the center of attention. As long as you are chit chatting with him, life is good. But, if you dare to talk to someone else he will do his very best to get your attention. Usually sweetly at first but by all means necessary if need be.
Avery does not love sharing on your terms. He is actually a very good sharer if it was his idea, but if it was yours it takes some serious coaxing. I feel like this is par for the course at 3.
Avery does not love getting dressed in the mornings. I don't know why but if I ask him to do it he flips his lid. In the afternoons after his nap it is the total opposite, if I dare to help him put his shorts on he is totally offended.
These are a few of the loves and not so loves of my favorite 3 year old boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that is hilarious about the counting b/c Blake used to do the same thing 1, 2, 3, 7, 8. What an odd coincidence. 2008 boys I guess. :) Very sweet summary. Avery is so smart and loving.
Post a Comment