Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hanky Panky Party

Saturday we celebrated Hank's first birthday!  My oh my! 
Michael makes fun of me, but I think the first birthday party is a celebration of all the people who have helped us through the first year of our little precious' life.  So, I do a little more than I would for regular old birthday party, or should I say Linde does?
First, Sharon created these fabulous invitations.  I love her Redbud Designs!  She has totally come through for us on Christmas cards, birth announcements and party invitations. 

Then Aunt Linde came over and helped us get the place ready. 
I have to say I love my birthday balloon wreath!  It is perfectly bright and colorful and will be so fun for all the birthdays we celebrate at our house.  I also loved my Hank's root beer party favors.  Linde worked her magic on the mantles and also made the super cute cones that the french fries went in, unfortunately I forgot to take their picture. 

After yummy burgers (daddy sure is a great griller) and fries, as well as Old Fashioned Root Beer float punch, Old Fashioned lemonade and good Old fashioned water we got to the cake!!
Hank was not even a little interested in the vanilla, but lucky for him Daddy suggested we try chocolate.  It was a HIT!

We had a great time, the big kids played outside forEVER, I am so glad they had fun.  Unfortunately, they had so much fun outside I didn't get to make them play my Old fashioned party games.  But, the adults were good sports and played my guess how old Hanky is.  I put out all his monthly photos with his elephant buddy and they tried to put them in order.  Honey won in a tie breaker, it was a close race!

We are so thankful for all our friends and family that helped us celebrate Hanky!

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures with the friends because Hanky was pooped when I remembered to bust out the camera. 

Hanky Panky and I talked and we would like to dedicate this ONEderful party to his beloved Aunt Linde!  Not only did she come up with the cutest baby boy nick name ever, she also came and worked her tail off Friday night to help me get the place cuted up.  While I might have some ideas I always get nervous, worried and unable to execute.  Plus she has better ideas, too.  She and Uncle Jeff also made punch, picked up french fries, and just generally helped out along with all our family the day of the party. 
Thanks Aunt Linde we sure do LOVE you!


2 comments:

linde said...

Awwwww. Hanky P, there is one way you can repay me...come live at my house...permanently!

annalee said...

oooh, sooo, cute! hanky panky AND the party!