Sunday, June 27, 2010

wow what a week....

Well, this last week was quite an adventure to say the least....
In honor of this month's book club book Lit, I will phrase my comments as things I am thankful for.  I found myself reminding myself to be thankful in my prayers all the time several times this week....
So here goes!
I am thankful that I didn't have to go back to work until Hanky was 16 weeks old, I realize I am soooo spoiled!
I am thankful that Avery and Hank have been so much fun that I really didn't even think about going to work and how that would feel until Tuesday night, because we were just too busy having fun. 
I am thankful that I have an iphone with my favorite app The Weather Channel to tell me that the grass pollen count is Very High to explain why we are all coughing and snorting and sneezing.

I am thankful that Hank has slept through the night so many times, because otherwise I might be tempted to LOSE my mind that he has suddenly stopped now that I am back to work and have to get up at the crack of dawn.
I am thankful that even in the midst of his acting like some other crazy baby Hanky will stop and give me this precious look so that I know he's still the one I love and it will all work itself out!
I am thankful that I can always truthfully answer that Avery loves Hank.  See, here's proof.  Hank may not be so sure about things, but Avery is smitten. 
I am thankful that my mamma was here this week.  I know that both of our mom's take fabulous care of our boys, but I needed my mamma when Hanky decided he wasn't going to eat when I got home from work each night.  Thank goodness she has to love me when I get stressed and not so sweet. 
I am thankful that this little (wait, I think he turned big this week) prince had no trouble with the back to work transition.  It was so fun to be greeted by him when I got home, see his sweet pictures through the day, and talk to him on the phone on breaks.

I am thankful that I get to work part-time, not full time and for all that my job provides for us.

I am thankful that last week is OVER, and hopeful that this week will be better!

4 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

oh man, sounds like it was a crazy week for you. so sorry. your boys stinkin' adorable though! hope next week is better.

annalee said...

oh sweet abbe, i was hoping it went smoother than this. been thinking about you lots this week and will continue with the prayers next week!

linde said...

I think hanky just thinks tour the most fun and is trying to get in some night time hours to make up for your time t work. He cant help it if he's a problem solver:)

Cindy said...

AND avery decided it is time to go potty---on the potty. He really loves the potty feet.