Did you have a great spring break? I can't say ours was the most exciting, but we sure liked it!
First Avery and Hank spent a day with Carley!
Have I told you about Carley? She is the BEST. We finally realized, after much tears and gnashing of teeth, that it was time to start getting some help with the boys on the days I worked. Our moms are busy ladies and we have asked a lot of them for almost 4 years now. We also know that we want their time with the boys to remain special and not let it become work. And we are about to have 3 kids, one more than either of our moms chose to raise. So, we began looking and found Carley. We love her! She is so sweet and patient with the boys, I love her kind, gentle tone (very different from the one I often find myself using.) I love that on the Monday of spring break she took them to not one but 2 parks, remembered to take bread to feed the birds and even took Avery's bike to ride at the park. I love that when Michael got home last night she and the boys were hiding in an awesome tent having major, secret fun. Thank goodness for Carley, she is truly an answered prayer.
Tuesday the boys played with LouLou and of course had big time fun. We had awesome weather and it was another day of outside fun with picnic lunch, truck driving, car and scooter riding and chase!!!
Wednesday Avery went to the dentist. He thinks it's a treat! He really loved that his dentist was out on maternity leave so he saw her husband, our dentist. I didn't love that he said Avery has a cross bite and will probably need braces, but at least we can start saving! We also got to go to a birthday party with a bounce house, so you know we had 2 very happy boys!
Thursday I went to the OB for a regular check up. All was well and I got to sit in the waiting room and read all by myself for 30 whole minutes in the middle of the morning! Then Aunt Linde met us for lunch at North Park. I love North Park and the boys love Aunt Linde!
Then we headed to Tyler for our "vacation" as Avery called it. I got to go to book club, while the boys had a man night with Papa. I think this sums it all up.
I LOVE it, a friend from my Dallas book club shared it and it definitely applies to both groups! We love our books and we love our wine!
Friday was Womble day! We had lunch at Chick Fil-A with Pop Grandma and Grandad. It breaks my heart that our boys won't know my Papa, but I love that Michael's grandparents are just as great as Papa was. They get down in the floor and roll and play, the tickle and chase and do all the fun things that grandparents do even though they are rather "mature" in years. We missed Honey this trip because she was visiting a friend, but we are glad she was having fun, too.
Saturday was our lake day!
We were SO excited to see that it is finally filling back up! Avery really wanted to go swimming, but I convinced him it was a little too cold. Sadly, Avery was having a major allergy flare up so we didn't get to take the boat out and he kept everyone but Hank up with night terrors all night Friday night. I think it must be a rule that the boys have to get sick when we go to the lake for spring break. (Remember last year they got the stomach bug, ugh?) But, this was way better than the stomach bug for sure! We also got to see MeMe for a little bit and Aunt Linde and Uncle Jeff came to visit for awhile, too!
I think Sunday was my favorite Spring Break day. I got a surprise day off from work so we got to spend the day with Michael. We went to church together and had a fun family day.
Hank was a bit of a pill at dinner. He made us laugh so hard, he got in trouble from Michael and I guess he was ashamed because he did this afterwards.






1 comment:
I already love Carly! So thankful.
Post a Comment