Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Batman Brothers and Bouncing!

We just had a birthday party!

I'll be honest it stressed me a little to have the 2 parties together, but in the end I am so glad I did.  I felt much better about not having to ask our family and friends to come to 2 birthday parties in one month or chose just one boy to celebrate.  

Avery chose the Batman theme, I have no idea how he knows about Batman or what he really even knows about Batman, but when I saw the super cute shirts at the Gap the theme was set! 

We had a great day!  My mom and sister let me boss them around to help me decorate which was great.  It is so nice to take advantage of the people that have to love you and are super good at this stuff, I highly recommend it, especially if you are 32 weeks pregnant and have had sick kids all week. 

It was at our church gym, which is not so cute.  But I think we transformed it pretty nicely!
 
We had Batman and Robin coloring pages, a Batman Boogie Station for our dancing King Hank, the beloved bounce house and Aunt Linde painted faces!  

Avery had an absolute blast from beginning to end, he even had fun watching and "helping" the poor bounce house guy tear down!  
These pictures crack me up!  Only for Aunt Linde would our busy little bee sit that still just steps away from the bounce house.  I also love the one in the middle on the bottom, it is Avery and one of partner's sons I bet that Michael and Jeff have sat at conference table with Michael tucking a pencil behind his ear deep in conversation.  I also can't stop laughing at the pitiful face Avery is making with Blake and Courtney.  He was SO glad to see them and had so much fun, I would love to know the story behind that sass face.  

I am afraid poor Hank didn't have quite the blast that his brother enjoyed.  I was so worried it would be too much of a 4 year old party instead of a 2 year old party, but I don't think that was true at all.  Hank seemed to enjoy bouncing sliding and all the other fun.  BUT, he showed up about an hour late to his own party because of course he was sick as a dog with his asthma and allergies Friday and still pretty bad Saturday.  It seems to be his tradition to be sick at his birthday party every year.  I am hoping I can remember to do their party at the end of the month next year so that maybe the initial March bloom will have passed and our kids will be able to breathe.  
I love these pictures because they are equally descriptive of Hank.  He is wiping the icing off his fingers because he hates for his hands to be dirty.  And I am so glad we caught him with his buddy Lucy.  She is the best and loves our Hank, I have no doubt she will be keeping him in line for years to come, sweet girl even made sure to bring Hank some goldfish at snack time.  And I have to say our kids have some pretty fun family members, so many people were so great to climb in and bounce and slide with the boys!

All in all I think that we had an almost 2 year old boy and almost 4 year old boy that had a pretty great time and felt very celebrated!
And while I of course didn't document any of the grandparents, great grandparents or most of the guests thanks to Aunt Courtney we got a good family picture and several hilarious cousin pictures.  Poor Cooper, thank goodness he is such a sweet, good baby cousin!

1 comment:

annalee said...

The party turned out SO cute and looked SO fun! Love those bouncing batman brothers.