I can't believe we have a FOUR year old boy at our house. How can it be? I have good friend, Melanie, who's sister, Katie, says 4 is one of her favorite ages, she is an expert as a mother of 5! I have to say 4 is shaping up to be great!
Here are 4 things I love to celebrate about my FAVORITE FOUR year old boy!!
#1-He NEVER meets a stranger! I love that he is so friendly to everyone. He makes friends with anyone and has a blast doing it. He makes perfect strangers light up with his charming 4 year old self. As someone who is far too shy far too much of the time, I love that my boy is confident and friendly.
#2-He is a great big brother! Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of moments where I wonder if either one of our boys will live to their next birthdays, but when push comes to shove Avery love love loves his brother! He will just walk over to Hank and give him a hug and say I love you brother! Avery was so excited to get to share his room with his brother and loves to show him and things and make him laugh.
#3-He is talkative! This the understatement of the century. As in last night in the car I may have said, my ears are tired please don't talk or do it so quietly I can't hear (not my best moment, I know.) But, in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way. I love hearing about the crazy games he plays on the play ground with his friends at school. I LOVE hearing him tell his brother, his daddy, ME, and so many others how much he loves them all day every day. I LOVE the "stream of consciousness" ramblings he treats me to hour after hour that help me know and love his personality even more.
#4-He is himself! I knew when we chose the name Avery it wasn't uncommon, but I don't think I realized how common it was. When we were at the zoo Saturday there was an Avery at every turn (a boy one, too!) but I know I will never worry about our boy being his own person. He is Avery Blake through and through. He is funny, kind, loud, rough, sweet, gentle, inquisitive, crazy, silly and so much more in a perfect blend and balance that makes him truly irresistible to me!
Avery had a wonderful 4 year old birthday. We started with donuts. As I said Avery has no problem telling you exactly what he would like. He got to choose from scones, donuts or pancakes and he chose donuts from the donut store where you get to watch them cook them (aka Krispy Kreme.)
Then we decided to have a family fun day at the zoo. This year for the boys' birthdays we decided to do a zoo, I think it will be a great way to get out of the house for a few hours without feeling like we have to sweat it out for hours. The weather could not have been more perfect and while it was definitely a birthday treat for Avery, it was also a great day to get in some family time before we become a family of 5. It was a great, great zoo day!!
We got to see giant fish!
Pet a goat!
FEED A GIRAFFE!
See lions!
We wrapped up the birthday celebration with the dinner cooked at home of Avery's choosing. He said he wanted chicken cooked on the grill by daddy and ketchup. I tried and tried to get him to add to the list, but that was all he said he wanted, I thought that was pretty hilarious. We did add some carrots and ranch, his favorite veggies, fruit and chips and dip. All of which the little prince managed to choke down.
We have had a good run of Sprinkles cupcakes, but Avery is now old enough to request his own birthday dessert, so cookie cake it was. Delicious!

1 comment:
He's so cute. Enjoy that 4-year-old. I stick by it. They're the best. :)
Post a Comment