Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Sad Day

Well, I have always known that someday the greatness would come to an end.  And if this week is any indication, my run of sleeping in is sadly, finally over. 
My children have decided to start getting up at 7 or shortly thereafter.  
I know a lot of people have it much earlier, and would do a back handspring to sleep until 7.  But for me, the queen of the non morning people this is a very, very sad realization.  I am hoping this is a phase somehow related to the transition to a big brother room and big boy bed, but I realize it may be the end of an era. 
Luckily, Avery takes awhile to wake up like his Mamma and is happy to chill in the bed for a few minutes while I find my happy face.  Hank would really like to jump start and play, but he is learning that Mamma needs a minute (or 20) to get it together.  It also makes me sad because it means we have to start putting these little buddies to bed earlier, boo we like to play after dinner not go straight to bed. 

This realization has lead to several others.  Mostly, these boys are growing up. 
Look what Ave can do
I realize this isn't perfect, but for my boy who couldn't have cared less about his letters even late this spring, this is a very BIG kid thing to do. 
And this is picture of his little brother doing a very BIG kid thing, too.
Our little non-talker is already improving by leaps and bounds thanks to his weekly visits from Miss Ho-Wee as he likes to call her.  Here is proudly singing the ABC's in his best high soprano voice.  A few weeks ago you would have no clue what he was saying, but now you can pretty much get most of the ABC's and even part of the next time won't you sing with me. 
Ugh, they have got to stop growing so fast.  It is killing their hormonal Mamma. 
It is beginning to feel like spring around here.  I hope it stays!  But, it has made me realize we are still the allergy /asthma house.  I am so very thankful for our allergy/asthma specialist who found the right daily medicines to keep my boys happy and healthy so far this year, but I don't know of anything that can beat the crazy weather and blooming that is going around here the past few days.  Poor Avery succumbed and was s-i-c-k the first part of this week.  He was so sick he barely even spoke to Dr. Y when we went to see him.  You know my boy always has something to say.
Thanks to the creators of Xopenex and a lot of TLC and inside time :( we are on the mend!  But, I realize that spring is here and we are going to have to be very diligent about our medicine and know that fun time outside might equal breathing treatment time inside.  But, more than anything I realize I am blessed!  I sure do love these little guys!




No comments: