Sunday, February 19, 2012

Most Productive Weekend Ever

Two weekends ago we had the most productive weekend ever.  I use the term we rather loosely.  I did provide some meals, sort of keep the kids entertained, and I did gather most of the materials ahead of time for Linde. 

But Aunt Linde did this all in one day. 
The big brother room went from drab to fab in no time flat.  Hopefully I will get my act together soon and get the stuff up on the walls and then I will try to show a few more pictures.  I LOVE the stripes.  I think they are just the right thing to give the room some spunk, but keep it manly and simple as well.  I am truly amazed at how she cranked out these stripes.  I would have taken a million times longer to tape and retape and measure again and again, much less be brave enough to do the actual painting.  And, while she was doing all this she chatted with the boys and gave them jobs to make them feel special. 

Michael and his dad also worked their tails off that weekend.  I may have mentioned/thrown them under the bus for the fact that the plaster job on Hank's walls didn't work so well....
So, they slaved and slaved to pull down all the plaster covered panels and put up brand new sheet rock.

They carefully took Hank's name off the wall to save for the big brother room.  Michael gets a gold star for also saving a panel.  He had the great idea of saving it and marking the boys' height on it, that way we will always have a piece of our first home with us wherever we go and we won't have to be sad to leave their growth chart.  I have to say it helped a lot with how much it broke my heart to take down one of the two cutest nurseries ever. 
Here are the walls before the new sheet rock, but after the paneling.  I forgot to get a sheet rock picture. 
Michael and his Dad for sure get a gold star because they let the boys help and watch a ton.  It meant the world to them both, they felt so grown up and loved being special helpers.  I am very glad they lived through the day and had a great time!

No comments: