I hope you are celebrating a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. I know we are!
A few weeks ago I started a list of one thing I was thankful for, for every day of the month. I stopped at 9, so here are the rest to catch me up to the big day...
10-Our dad's. It is no accident that LouLou and Honey are able to pack up and leave Tyler and come here every other week. Pop and Papa work very hard to keep life running smoothly in Tyler and graciously share their wives with us!
11-My part-time job. Hospital part time jobs are not the easiest to come by, especially not day shift in the NICU. I am so thankful that I get to work part time, doing a job I actually love, and spend the rest of my time with the boys.
12-Our out of town friends. It is so fun to have very special friends in places like Houston and Tyler and so many other places that we can always just pick up where we left off. We may miss seeing them more often, but treasure the time we get with them.
13-The Fisher Price Aquarium! (Come on you didn't think they would all be sappy did ya?) They are a life SAVER. Both boys loving pushing the button on their "shish" as Avery first called them and chilling in their beds when it is time to sleep and they are having trouble. They make going to bed or waking up in the night no big deal!
14-The Pioneer Woman. After we nailed down our menu for tomorrow, not quite the traditional Thanksgiving, but not totally off either we realized almost all the recipes were from her. Thanks Ree, we love ya! And, I know she would want to be my best friend if she only knew me.
15-On-line shopping. I am proud to say that while we do NOT decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving because we are busy being thankful, I do start my shopping. This year I am almost done! I am loving the deals I have found this year, I get to be much more generous. :)
16-Our house. I was a little frustrated with some pest control issues this week, but then got thinking about how grateful I am to have a house at all, AND how much I truly love our house. I think it is so fun that we get to live in a older home, with our remodeled stamp on it. It is even more fun that so much of the work done to the house was completed by friends and family, it makes it extra special.
17-DVR-Holy Cow. One of the best inventions for a TVaholic like me. I can miss all my shows for weeks at a time, then get caught on folding laundry and Grey's Anatomy all at once. How did I live without it?
18-Kindle-Oh how I love it! I tell Michael all the time I probably use this more than any gift he has ever given me. I love reading on my Kindle for so many reasons, I love the dictionary feature, I love that it is light and easy to hold with one hand when feeding little friends, I love that it is easy to lay flat and eat and sandwich while you read. I adore that you finish one book and download the next in minutes, never having to drag your small children out first thing in the morning to get the next book in The Hunger Games series, it is awesome.
19-Big kids that are sweet to Avery. Avery has always loved "big kids." He always wants to follow them and do what they are doing. Most of the time he is even content just to follow along even if they aren't really playing with him. But, I really appreciate the special big kids in our lives that take the time to include him in their games, let him have a turn, and even boss them around some times.
20-Avery's grown up friends. There are several people at church that are so good to always invest in Avery. He loves seeing them, talking to them, and sitting with them (all by himself of course.) It means so much to us and to Avery that they have taken time to make a little friend out of our little guy, and I know they will do the same for Hank.
21-I get to have girl time. I like to stay busy. Michael is a little more of a home body. I really appreciate that he doesn't ever complain about me going to lunch, book club, play dates that are more for me than they boys, movie nights, etc. It makes me a much better mom and wife and I really appreciate it.
22-Our church family. I love that it really is a family, the good the bad the ugly. No matter what we really do love it, and feel like we are all working hard to be the best people we can be. I like that we are challenged and that we get to participate and serve. I like that we are loved and fed as well.
23-A great family photographer. I am not photographer. I wish I was, but I am pretty awful, plus half the time I forget to take pictures. I am so glad for someone to help us record the precious moments that are changing all too fast. I know I will cherish those tangible memories when my babies are all grown up.
24-Chips and dips. Hands down my favorite food/snack. Everyone else gets pumped about Thanksgiving meals, I just want the snacks!
25-TODAY! We had such a great day with family and friends. I wouldn't change one minute. I am so blessed to have SO much to be thankful for!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
GREAT LIST! I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!
I never thought about how great the Kindle could be while nursing!!!
Post a Comment