Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful

You know I love a list and holiday themed lists are even better!

So here are 9 things I am thankful for on the 9th day of November (in no particular order)

1-We are about to buy our first package of diapers since Hank was born.  I am so thankful for all the people who gave Hanky diapers, and that Avery boy doesn't need them anymore.

2-Our Moms coming to watch the boys while I work.  It is such a blessing to Michael, Avery, Hank and me that our moms allow me to work AND love on our boys while I do it.  They give up so much time, gas money, and freedom to make our lives nice and easy!

3-Michael.  He has worked so hard to "build a business" as I love to tease him.  It makes me so proud that he works to be the absolute best he can be for us, his business partners and their clients.

4-2 Happy Healthy boys.  I can't imagine my life without them and it doesn't take being an NICU nurse to know how precious their health is.

5-Living near Linde and Jeff.  It is so much fun to have Aunt Winde, as Avery says, and Jeff close by.  I love getting to see my sister all the time and our boys benefit in countless ways from getting to be near an Aunt and Uncle that truly love being with them every chance they get!

6-Our friends here in town.  I was talking with one of our best friends from church Sunday about how long it took to really have great friends here, probably 2-3 years, but when we did, WE DID.  I love knowing that handful of people is there that I really can call day or night when I need something.  One time we need to call, and they all came....they will never know how much it meant and means to know we can call again. 

7-Avery's school teachers.  Ms. Sharon, Ms. Paula and Mrs. Kathy work very hard to teach our boy and his new friends.  They are helping him learn to love school and I am so thankful.  Avery gets so excited to see his backpack set out for school and has a blast at school every Monday and Thursday.

8-Avery and Hank's Bible Class teachers.  My boys love baby Bible class and more, it is amazing to me what they already know and learn from these special ladies.  I am even more thankful that they are learning to LOVE going to church to worship and learn!

9-Our life in general.  We are just so blessed.  There are times where I think "oh, this is hard" or "I wish I had that."   But, we don't even come close to wanting for anything.  We have great friends both here and all over.  We have wonderful families that taught us to love the Lord, and truly gave us every advantage we ever needed or wanted, and more.  We have wonderful, hilarious children.  We have a church family that truly is a family.  We have a cute, but unloved pug. 

I am thankFULL!

2 comments:

Leah J. said...

I am so behind on blogs! Doing some catching up. I LOVE your thankful list!!!

annalee said...

sooo much to be thankful for indeed! i love your list. we are very thankful for all of those things for you guys and especially thankful for YOU FOUR!