If you know me well, you know I am not a worrier. Mostly it's just not my nature to worry, and also Michael worries enough for both of us. :)
But sometimes I do wonder about things. Like I wonder, will Wee 3 be a Sadie or a baby no name...(no number 3 is not in the works ANYtime soon) I just wonder. I wonder what sport will be Avery's favorite? I wonder what will be Hank's first word? I wonder what it would be like to be a stay at home mom? I wonder if Avery will really get trunk or treat this year and truly love it? I wonder if I read to Hank enough? I wonder when the next Bachelor will start. I wonder who will win Top Chef All Stars (so excited about that)? I wonder what it would be like to have a power business woman job? I wonder why Big Bang and Project Runway and the Office and Grey's Anatomy all have to be on at the same time? I wonder about lots of things....
But what I am really starting to wonder is if my kid is difficult to be around at school, Sunday school, Bible hour, etc???
I shared my not that serious nap concerns last week. Well, when I picked him up from school Thursday my concern deepened. Not only did Avery not take a nap, he attempted to wake up his neighbors when the teachers thought putting him by sleeping kids might help! THANKFULLY they caught him. He so did not feel bad, went to the corner, got a little sad and then went happily to the corner the next time the teachers mentioned he might have to go back. UGH!
So I had a brilliant idea, nap boot camp. I made him lay down on his nap mat at home in the living room. We had already done it in his room, which obviously didn't translate. I was thinking that having to be quiet and lay still in the middle of the action will help....Thursday it took 1hr 20 minutes a lot of threats, time outs, etc. and then finally a 1 hr nap. Friday we went and got rewards at the Dollar Store. That worked a little better and after 20 minutes he did go to sleep. Saturday meant daddy day, while I was at work we were back to square one. 3 hrs, no naps, rewards, punishments, etc not working...but we got this smile at the end.....maybe my idea wasn't so brilliant...
So I had a brilliant idea, nap boot camp. I made him lay down on his nap mat at home in the living room. We had already done it in his room, which obviously didn't translate. I was thinking that having to be quiet and lay still in the middle of the action will help....Thursday it took 1hr 20 minutes a lot of threats, time outs, etc. and then finally a 1 hr nap. Friday we went and got rewards at the Dollar Store. That worked a little better and after 20 minutes he did go to sleep. Saturday meant daddy day, while I was at work we were back to square one. 3 hrs, no naps, rewards, punishments, etc not working...but we got this smile at the end.....maybe my idea wasn't so brilliant...
Now that I think about it, Avery is never sitting at the table when we pick him up from Bible hour. He was the only kid not looking at the camera in the class picture on the fire truck this week. I told you about the Bible throwing....So, wondering is he that kid??
I guess it's a good thing he's cute!
By the way Michael sent this to me this morning after he got the boys dressed and ready and out the door to church AND class all by himself. i didn't even remember to leave out outfits. SUPER DAD!




4 comments:
He was sure cute when he left class this morning. I had a chuckle when he proclaimed "thank you" to his teachers while walking out the door. I do know that the teacher was having a hard time with one child and it was not Avery. I'm not around him much, but I think he's a sweetie.
I love this "wondering" list. If I put a list like this on my blog i'm afraid people would stop reading very quickly:) Love the pictures, he's cute! And I can't imagine him being a stinker at all!
he is such a great kid. and you two are great parents.
Avery is a sweetheart and tons of fun when I have him in Bible Hour (never and issue whatsoever). I have had to do more training with Blake than K though, so I know what you mean. We just have to stay on top of boys all the time. :) Avery is great though. I know you have nothing to worry about - he is only 2! :)
Post a Comment