Avery had a terrific 2nd birthday on Wednesday.
He started out by lounging in mamma's bed watching cartoons and drinking milk!
After lounging he enjoyed his current favorite breakfast "orangewolls" (orange cinnamon rolls)
Please excuse the Halloween PJ's, they are also a current hit.
Then we played and our housekeeper Margarita came over, a present to Mamma! Avery loves Margarita and she loved on him for a long time since it was his Birthday.
Then we met Daddy for a Birthday lunch at McAlisters. Buddy Buddy loved his pizza and hanging out with his Daddy. I love those baby blues in the pizza picture and I also love that all the pictures I took with Michael and Avery they have the same squinty eyes.
Then he was a sweet boy listening to music on the radio and talking to brother Hank until he couldn't keep his little eyes open any longer so he fell asleep on the way home.
Then Aunt Linde and Uncle Jeff came over for Avery's favorite dinner rice and beans (black beans.) He so enjoyed his adoring dinner fans that he couldn't turn around for a picture.
Brother Hank supervised the dinner, don't worry.
Then he got some fabulous presents, a dress up (what are you supposed to call this for boys?) box from Aunt Linde and Uncle Jeff, and a basketball goal. He also had some really fun food from LouLou and Papa, and balloon and bat from Honey and Pop, and Handy Manny tools from our friends in Dubai!
I am glad that Avery thinks that baby Hank is the best Birthday present ever! I worried and worried about Avery's birthday being ruined by us having a baby so close, but Avery continues to love love love broder hanky...
And I tortured him through reading the Birthday book, he enjoyed it longer than last year, but was still ready to get down, by the time it was over.
I love my 2 year old!!!!
Here are a few of my favorites....
that he says pappy for pacifier, and when he is feeling extra grown up pappyfier
when he says oh my goodness with all the appropriate inflections
that he can count to 10, as long as you don't feel that 2 and 3 are necessary
when he sings Hang on Sloopy Sloopy Hang on with Daddy after his bath
that he absolutely loves church and to sing in baby Bible class with Dara
that he loves books
his love of balls
that he will throw anything anywhere anytime (ok sometimes this makes me crazy, too)
that he loves brother hank
that his daddy is his absolute favorite person in the world
that he sleeps late!
he loves to be outside
how hard he laughs when he knows michael is about to tickle him, but hasn't even started yet
his smile
his show me your teeth smile
that he says okay where most people say yes
i could go on and on, but i guess i will stop now!

3 comments:
Oh my word--he knew he was turning 2 because he looks so grown up in these pictures!! Even from seeing him last week! He's a super cute 2 year old and I'm so glad he had such a fun birthday!
happy birthday avery! my younger brother was born the day before me. my mom had a bday party for me one week after she gave birth. looks like you're doing a good job of making avery feel special.
aaawwww! I love my little buddy! Happy happy birthday little guy!!!
Post a Comment