Sunday, December 20, 2009

Guess Who Went to Santa????


AveryMamma

So, Avery I have been so excited to go see Santa this year.  Last year we went to see the Santa at North Park and he was awesome.  Avery was truly awe struck, remember?  He very sweetly sat in Santa's lap and just studied him.  We have had the picture on the fridge from last year and we talk about Santa and all seemed well.....
Until, 2 weeks ago.  Papa was in town and graciously got up early to go get us a ticket to see Santa just after story time.  We went and saw the trains got in line to take our picture and all was well.  Then, we rounded the corner saw Santa and lost it!  Crazy, y'all know my laid back go with the flow boy.  So, I attributed this reaction to some serious teething and thought we would try again. 
We have been talking up the big man, looking at his picture.  I am sad to say this was almost all for nothing.  The only way buddy buddy would see Santa was if mamma got in the picture, too.  I guess next year I will get myself a Christmas sweater vest to match...at least then I won't be in maternity clothes. 
I do have to give a huge shout out the North Park Santa.  He was so nice and helpful.  He talked us through our options this time and last time, too.  I think if we had about 2 more visits Avery would love him.  Of course as soon as our picture time was over Avery wanted to chat him up about Elmo and toys and Santa was more than happy to do so.  I love that they don't rush you!
Merry Christmas from a girl way too big to sit on Santa's knee. :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well that is a VERY cute shirt you have on! I love it! I can't believe you didn't sit on Santa's knee!!:) and I'm impressed Avery is smiling! Yall both look very cute up there. And your hair looks fabulous!

Kelli said...

I am nervous about taking my daughter Caroline to see Santa! And I second Tiffany's comment, I LOVE that shirt!