Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Boy and the BayBay

Just thought I would let you know what has been going on at our house this week!  Monday we went to the Dr. for a routine visit.  I had the pleasure of drinking that yummy glucose goo before my actual appointment.  I am still amazed that something so sweet can taste so bad....  Anyway, I have known for ahwile that Wee can be a little wiggly, but he or she was so wiggly with all that sugar that even Dr. H. got tickled.  I am always amazed how she can pop the doppler on and find the heartbeat so easily, but Monday no such luck.  Dr. H. would find it just for a second and then Wee would take off for another side of my stomach.  We chased this baby all over and all 3 of us were laughing before it was done.  I am very thankful for a strong, baby still cooking, and kicking, where he or she belongs.  I was also suprised to find out that he or she is measuring on the big side.  We already knew we were having a sonogram at our next visit, so we will see if it was just a growth spurt or a big kid on our hands.  I'll be honest, I like the little (within reason) babies.  I hope Wee isn't too much of a chunker.  :)

The boy has had a hard week.  I can't count the number of times he has walked up to one of us and said "teeth" very pitiful and then pointed just like this.  I felt sad enough for him thinking he was cutting his bottom one year molars.  I felt like mother of the year when I was tickling his neck in Tom Thumb and saw that his top eye teeth have also poked through this week....Poor fella, he has not been himself!
The good news is there is a new house being built down the street from us, so I often hear "big truck, biiiiig truck" and find Avery checking out the action on our street!  I think it makes his teeth hurt a little less to enjoy trucks so big and manly hard at work.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethan has been popping his two eye teeth and two bottom teeth for the past two weeks too...not fun. I hope Avery gets a little break from cutting teeth soon.