Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tis the Season

I love the Christmas season for so many reasons.  One of my favorite is the togetherness celebrated with those we love. 
This week we lost a great member of our family, my cousin Jim.  He was my mom's cousin and I thought of him like an uncle.  He meant a lot to my parents and my family and we will miss him so much.  I hate that his family will be hurting this week when he would want nothing more than for us to be having Christmas fun.  I remember he always made sure all the kids watched the weather on Christmas Eve at their house because Santa would be on the weather radar! 
Anyway, all this to say I know our family is not the only one missing a loved one this holiday.  Please take a moment to say a prayer for them and offer a kind word, it means to much to hear encouragement this time of year.  This season of celebrataing can also be really hard. 
 

No comments: