Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Year of the Walk

I think when I look back to this year one of the things I will remember is walking. I already told you about the Breast Cancer 3 Day here, I am really excited that my friend Tiffany is considering walking with us and so is Brenda. If anyone else would like to join Brownings for Boobs, COME ON!!!
Anyway, Saturday April 19th Avery and I walked in the March of Dimes March of Babies. It was a great day.
Claire and her Mom, Melanie, walked with us. As the only little girl with us, Claire represented in her pink and was an angel in her stroller the whole walk.
Charlie and his mom, Amie, walked with us, too. Charlie and Avery thought each other were very interesting. There was some very sweet snack sharing and high fives going back and forth.
We all survived a soggy morning and had a great time chatting. While the walk was fun socializing with my friends from work, it was for a very important cause. March of Dimes is fundamental in the fight against prematurity and a pioneer in research to help take care of preemies and sick newborns. I am so thankful for my job that I truly love in the NICU, but I would be totally okay with it if someday NICU nurses are obselete because there are not preemies. We will be walking next year. Think about joining us!
PS Don't you love Avery's propped up foot? He ALWAYS does this in his stroller, since he was tiny. It cracks me up.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I do love the foot...he is making himself comfortable!!

annalee said...

i love your year of the walk! so many good causes, and i'm really hoping tiffany walks with you!