Thursday, April 30, 2009

Like Father Like Son

Actually, more like mother like son. Even though Michael has asthma now, he didn't have it until elementary school while I started up around age 2. We know Avery probably doesn't have a shot of dodging the asthma bullet and we are now one step closer. Avery had a cough last week, no biggie, but Sunday he started wheezing. After a visit to a very pitiful pediatric after hours clinic we thought maybe he was okay, because that Dr. said he didn't hear anything. But, Sunday night the weezing started in earnest. Doctor Nurse mom decided to go ahead and give him a breathing treatment. We went to see our Dr. yesterday who agreed it was time, so Avery is now on breathing treatments until things clear up. The first few were a battle, but after a few we are learning some tricks and it is not such a battle.

3 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

oh poor guy! i had to start breathing treatments in 2nd grade and i hated every minute. i can't imagine having to have one as a little baby!

MELANIE said...

Poor little guy! :( I'm not copying you but I did do a post title similar to this...AND I'm going to post Claire's haircut post soon too! When do we work together again?!?!?

Dara said...

Oh poor baby... so sorry! At least you both are well aware of how to handle it with yours and Michael's life experiences.