I am a BAD sick baby mom. You would think that being a nurse would make me better not worse, but you would be wrong. Now, before I
This picture was Friday while we waited to go to the doctor. He was pitiful. He would not take any naps that day, so we both finally crashed on the couch. I also think it is almost like a confession to post your own picture looking this fabulous.
While I generally felt pretty bad for him, the whimpering about made me loose my mind. All day long for 4 days buddy buddy was always whimpering. Even at night he would be fast asleep and as soon as his motrin wore off he was whimpering again in his sleep.
I can't complain too much because even sick Avery was too sweet. He gave lots of good sugars and even shared his cooties with me.
I am happy to report that I only missed one day of work and that as an adult I only had to suffer through one night of fever not 4. I have to admit I kind of wanted to whimper, too.
Perhaps most irritating of all, my beloved baby who sleeps until 9 was replaced during the illness with one who wakes up at 7:45 or 8....NOT okay, I LOVE to sleep in!!!
Well, there you have it. Michael is right, unless you weigh less than 5 lbs or are me I am terrible at being sympathetic.

3 comments:
Aw, glad you both are better. Is this Avery's first fever? Kate got her first fever illness at almost the exact same age - just about 13 months old!
It is a genetic flaw. It is your grandmother's fault. Just ask Aunt Susan Jo. She will confirm this.
Mom
I have to say... first off I am glad you are both feeling better. And I can only imagine what a grumpy little ***** you are when you are sick. ha!! Kidding. But seriously - I have to say that other than Katie and David.. I'm pretty sure Avery is the most beautiful child I have ever seen. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment