
When I was pregnant with Avery everyone kept telling me to get ready everything was about to change. I would get so frustrated, I wanted to know what that meant. I thought it was so scary to not know what those changes would be. So if there is anyone wondering, these are a few of the changes. Some good some, bad. Exhibit A-the living room. The picture on the left is pre-Avery. On the right, baby toys exploded. I will say that at this point the most ANNOYING thing about having a child is that my house is ALWAYS a nightmare. This believe it or not is picked up. I have never been a great housekeeper, but I could keep things picked up and put up. Now, we all this junk that I just can't find a good home for. I am hoping that as he gets bigger I can contain the mess, but I am sure all the more experienced Moms are laughing as they read this.


Some of the best changes are in my husband. It is so much fun to come home to not 1 but 2 smiling faces. It is awesome to see Michael with Avery. I don't know how people can be jealous of their spouse loving their child, nothing is more special than to watch Michael interact with Avery and see how much they love each other. It is such a fun change for our relationship to change for the better as we learn to be parents together.


Vacations have changed a little, too. Last year Womble/McCord vacay was a cruise on the Caribbean, this year we were supposed to cruise Lake Palestine, but stayed at our house thanks to Ike. I think we will have grown-up vacations again, but I must say this was a change we didn't mind. Both trips were a BLAST! I had just as much fun watching Praise Baby with the kiddos in their jammies as we did watching shows aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas.
The last few months have been full of changes, but I can honestly say almost none of them were as dramatic as I thought they would be or people made them sound. I was super hormonal for about 2 1/2 weeks after he was born and it took about 2 months before I got over him coming early. But, we still have our lives and they are better because of Avery. We do eat in shifts most nights, but we still talk while we eat our dinner. We still go out to dinner, we just go to places that are loud so we won't be too distracting. We don't make it to class because Avery sleeps late, but we still go to church and are working our way back to class. We still see our friends and they love having Avery around. Change is inevitable, one day I will learn this. But, the best thing that Avery has taught me is that change can be soo good when you let it!
6 comments:
I'm glad you are having so much fun being a mom, too! :) Avery is just precious. Thanks for posting lots of pictures all the time!
GREAT post!!! Preggers everywhere will love it!! I will say..compared to 6 months old..my living room is less clutterd..or maybe just the toys are eaiser to hide!! So you have that to look fwd to!
Isn't it a wonderful change though?!? I bet soon enough you may struggle to remember your time before him! I noticed your picture of Miss Cleo stayed put! ;)
I finally saw Avery's 6 mos pix...HE is so SWEET! I swear he has the sweetest face...he will sure have the girls falling for those wonderful sweet blue eyes!
And yes, having a child brings the most challenging but rewarding changes. And I felt the same way about the toys. Hooray for Amie; I don't know how she has less toy clutter as Charlie gets older bec. I seem to have more and more. But having those nice wicker baskets or containers helps make your living room less cluttered.
You have a lovely family. God bless!
amen sista!
Just wait until he is running around and taking the toys out himself! I wouldn't trade it for the world, though! I loved watching Michael play with Avery tonight. He is such a sweet daddy! And Anna Lee loved her Avery hugs last week! He was such a great sport!
Post a Comment