Here it is, enjoy!!!!
Better Late Than Never
I guess this is why I’m not really blog worthy…it takes me too long to post.
Get ready, here is the story,
So, a few Fridays ago Jeff and I planned to meet some of our besties, Randy and Allison for dinner at Matts, yum! I was showered and doing a couple last minute things to get ready. I was mostly contemplating whether to blow-dry the hair and put on make up, thank goodness I did. Jeff came over and them Abbe called (all part of the plan) and asked me to run by her house and put some baby clothes inside so Michael wouldn’t see them. I knew at this point that I didn’t want to hunt for the key to her house to put them inside, but told her I would take care of it (and this is where I start to ruin the plan a bit). So, I tell Jeff we should head to Ab’s house and then on to dinner. We get to Abbe’s and I jump out of the car and grab the package off the porch and head back to Jeff’s car. (This is funny, I even remember thinking the package looked like it was in Abbe’s handwriting) I turned to Jeff who then says he needs to go in to the bathroom. I answer that I don’t have my keys and skip on to the car. Jeff says he freaks out inside because we are now officially outside of the plan…oppppsss. I just remember thinking he should hold it that we were so close to dinner. He tried to say sweet things outside about us hanging out when I used to live with Abbe and Michael, but I was cold so I hopped in the car. And, Jeff is sweet, but not mushy, so I wasn’t buying it. As soon as we got in the car, Jeff looked like he was going to cry. I could not figure out why, he is rarely emotional. He also starts stuttering like crazy, I am really confused, but trying to get to the bottom of it. Then he starts talking about how we haven’t talked about marriage because we have never had anything tangible to follow it up, and then he says, “but now I have something tangible.” He said he thought I would get it when he said that, but I was still so focused on him being upset that it went right over my head. Then he pulled the ring box out of his pocket and I don’t remember much more. He said we needed to get out of the car for the next part, but I couldn’t move. So, he came around to my side, opened the door, unbuckled my seat belt and stood me up. Then when he got on his knee, I sat on it… I guess I get a little clingy when I’m emotional. Then he asked and said he looked up just in time to see me nod yes. I always imagined saying such a cute answer, like “absolutely” but only managed a nod. Oh well. Then he asked if I was ready to see the ring, I nodded no. I needed another minute to catch my breath. Eventually, he said the ring was awesome and it was time to look. He opened the box and I snatched out the ring and put it on my finger. I asked him later if he put the ring on me, and he said he didn’t have a chance…hehehhe. After that, we went to a huge party with all our families and friends. Wahoooo. And there you have it.
P.S. If you read this you are a trooper, I am a look at the pictures kind of reader.
And as a treat for guest posting, Abbe has allowed me to reveal the sex of her precious baby……….it is a …………suckas! My lips are sealed. But, I do want to hear what all of you think the baby is.
Have a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
YEAH LINDE!!! I am so excited for you! When do we get to see pictures of the ring?
I'm so glad you shared the story! It's a great one! I meant to ask when I saw you on Sunday! And, I have to admit, you had me fooled with the sex of the baby. I seriosly thought you were going to tell us!
I think she's having a girl, thats my vote!
That's my little Linde! Always doing her own thing. That is just the way we love you! And thanks for keeping the sister secret a little longer.
You fogot to tell them the party was a surprise Jeff, your sister, and Alison worked out! It was all Jeff's idea too. What fun.
Love ya in that beautiful wedding dress!
Mamma
you are a wonderful guest columnist. we welcome you anytime! and a big congratulations on the wonderful news!!!
Congrats Linde!!! My vote is girl..even though I really thinks its a boy..I just see Abbe with a girl...only 6 more weeks!!!!!!!
Post a Comment