Friday, December 17, 2010

December is Delightful

We are having so much fun this month I can barely keep up!
On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (which was technically November...) we went to North Park to see Santa.  I am telling you he is an AMAZING Santa.  We love that he really talks to the boys.  Sarah got a great picture of this I will share soon.  Santa even helped us figure out that the reason Avery was so pumped to see him was that he thought if he asked for a bicycle he would get to take it home that day.  We didn't even put it together but Santa asked us if he was 2, then clarified that this is often confusing to the 2 year old set and not to worry.  Then he cleared it up with Ave that he would go back to the North Pole and he and the elves would make him a bicycle to bring on Christmas.  (see he's AMAZING)

Then we went and saw the trains which Avery thought was the greatest.  He had a great time running around looking at all the trains, and especially liked the state fair section with "Big Text." 

It was extra fun that we got to do this with the Siburts this year.  We decided to spend time with our friends for Christmas instead of trading gifts, and a fun night them was definitely better than a cheesy present.  You should try this with your friends, too!

Then it was on to Holly Jolly, our annual church Christmas party.  It was fun to decorate our table and share it with friends.  This year we even somewhat broke our table curse.  Every year we decorate get ready and then the people at our table no show, show up hours late or some other disaster. 


This year Tobin and Krister were right on time and sat at our table.  Matt and Brooke were a few minutes behind and very good company as well, but I forgot to take their picture.  The other 3 members of our table no-showed, so I can't say the curse was totally broken, but it did mean that Michael got to sit with us after all, so I think I am okay with it!
Avery loved that he and Hank got to go to Jolly Junior this year and I have to say they were by FAR the cutest boys in the place.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's funny, Kate thought the same thing. She got off his lap kind of confused looking and when I asked her what was wrong, she said "I didn't get my Barbie..." and then I had to explain things :) Hope you guys have some more fun the rest of the month!!

Kelli said...

Oh my word, those Santa shirts are adorable!