First get your very best munchkin assistant and give him his very own bowl and spoon to stir and help.
I learned to give him his own after he flatly refused to give me my spoon back last time we cooked and it turned into a 30 minute turn for Avery.
Here are the ingredients for Neiman Marcus Brownies
The Cake Part
1 stick margerine(I used butter, it makes ya fat but at least you are fat and natural)
1 chocolate BUTTER RECIPE (this is important) cake mix (I realize there is nothing natural about a cake mix, but I am also the girl that gets Diet Dr Pepper with my biggie fries so humor me)
1 egg (cage free because happy chickens lay better tasting eggs, right? Linde and I just had a conversation about this last week)
The Topping
1 (8 oz) cream cheese softened (you can use light, but I haven't tried fat free, sometimes it cooks wierd my mamma says)
2 eggs
1 box powdered sugar (16 oz, I can't ever find boxes anymore)
Ok are you ready it is REALLY hard....
Put the cake mix, egg and softened butter in your kitchen aid. Mix it up on relatively low, to kinda fast. It will be brown, not white like in the picture. I didn't think to blog this until later in the game. Also, be sure to take your spatula out before turning on your mixer or you will be sorry. I am not sure if this will work if you don't have a mixer, because it makes a really thick dough. It will be a big ball of dough.
Then put in your 9X13 and squish it out. This is a great step for little fingers to help with IF you can keep them from eating it. I squish it up on the sides so it makes an edge.
Next mix together the topping in your kitchen aid (rinse it out first.) Be sure your cream cheese is softened, it makes life much easier if you don't have to throw it in the mixer and then churn it forever or wait for it to soften in there....
Then pour the topping on
See, easy cheesy!
Then put it in your preheated oven at 350 and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown!
This might be a tiny bit overdone, because the sides were a little tough but as much as I love soft cookies and brownies, this is one that will be gross if you don't get the top cooked.
I have also heard these are good with a yellow cake mix, but I don't know why you would miss out on an opportunity to have chocolate.
Enjoy!!!

3 comments:
I have been meaning to ask you for that recipe! They were yummy and I will admit to being one of the girls who went back for seconds. :)
LOVE the new look!
mamma
They were sooooo good too! Totally worth getting in trouble with the nutritionist!!
Post a Comment