Monday, May 31, 2010

Restaurant #2 of 30

Barbec's
Michael and I have recently rediscovered our love for brunch on Saturdays.  Since we are not early risers (I have totally converted Michael on the weekends, thank goodness) it fits our lifestyle perfectly.  We roll out mid-morning and go grab breakfast then come home and work hard or play hard or both until time for dinner.  I will admit I was a little nervous about this place when we pulled up.  It has a greasy spoon/Skillets look to it.  But, I loved going to the Pioneer with my Papa so I was willing to give it a try.
Homemade beer batter biscuits and gravy "the only respectable way to have beer for breakfast."
WOW!!!  I LOVE biscuits and gravy and I was NOT disappointed, I also think this is a great slogan for a restaurant and breakfast.  I was a little wierded out that they were kind of sweet, but the gravy cut the sweet so that I could handle it.  MAW wanted to marry them and have biscuit babies with them.

Same critique rules apply.
Michael 4 1/2 stars (out of 5)
Great biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs ok.  He will kill me for this crusy coffee picture, but I love that we did not need to get cute and that you felt like you had your very own coffee mug.
Avery flatly refused to eat his breakfast, but LOVED that they had little jellies great for tower making.  I thought his PB&J looked good....

Abbe 4 stars
As I said the sweet biscuits wierded me out just a little and my bacon was super greasy.  But, the iced tea was great and the people were very friendly. 

2 comments:

annalee said...

mmmm, yum!
you are 1/15 of the way through your list now.
our family votes that michael's glasses look great.
love them!
and we can't stop laughing about getting married and having biscuit babies.
you are funny.
and i vote we play super soon!

Kristi said...

My grandmother worked at Pioneer in Wichita Falls for 25 years as a waitress! They had some yummy food!