Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Me and Britney

This is my friend Maddie, I love her so much.  She has been my bestie since ACU and taught me to love so many things.  I love that she teaches me to be spontaneous and fun.  She did my new header, isn't it fabulous???
Maddie loves Britney Spears.  She loves her so much we chatted about her upcoming concert via text while Maddie killed some time about 30 minutes before she had Hadley, epidurals are great :).  But, she hasn't quite convinced me to love Britney yet.  Lately I have been feeling a lot like her beloved Britney. 
You see just when I think I have this 2 kid thing figured out I have a Britney moment...

Like a few weeks ago we were at Target and I had Avery crawl up into the car on Hank's side and told him to crawl over to his carseat and I would come buckle him in.... We got to the stop light and Avery said "hi mamma" and I said "Hi Avery whatcha doing buddy, AVERY DO NOT MOVE!!!"  You see Avery was perched on the seat in between his carseat and Hank's sucking on his pappy and lovey... I forgot to go around and buckle him in his carseat.  Nice!  Luckily we pulled into the bank and got buckled in, and about 30 minutes later my heartbeat dropped back below 200. 

Or like last week when we got to the grocery store and I realized Hank had a blowout on the way there.  I also realized that the backup outfit was a church backup outfit since it was Monday, and didn't want to waste it on NewFlower.  So, I changed Hank's diaper and stuck him in the Moby in only his diaper and hoped no one would notice....

Or today when I decided to try on a pair of jeans real quick to see if I could squish into them before I got dressed for good to go meet some friends for lunch.  I got distracted after I realized that if I sucked in just right they would zip.  I remember thinking at lunch the tag on those jeans sure was itchy.  When I got home and went to the restroom I realized why that tag was tickling me, I had a different kind of Britney moment, I forgot to get fully dressed after I tried on those jeans....Nice!!!

Good thing Maddie loves Britney, that way she can still be my friend I don't know what I would do if she wasn't!

4 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Ha ha! I did that coming home from Kroger with JD and Meg during one of the first months we were home. I realized it when I saw JD climbing out of his seat when we pulled into the garage! Thank goodness we only live a few blocks from the store!

annalee said...

that is the WORST feeling when you realize one isn't buckled in. rattles me for hours afterwards. i might have done it more than once. at least we haven't ever done it on purpose:)

Emily said...

You are so funny! I think sometimes I would lose my head if it weren't screwed on!

Hester 5 said...

This is quite possibly the funniest post I have ever read!!! I have forgotten to buckle Rachel before but she screams at me and doesn't let me start driving before buckling her!