A LOT! As you can see Daddy is packing up his home office, once again he is relocating all the household stuff for a new baby to get a fabulous Aunt Linde room. Avery was very helpful in packing, but glad he isn't getting boxed up and put in the attic...yet. It cracks me up how Avery can perfectly place himself in boxes and baskets.
Daddy also packed up his work office. Michael and 2 other guys started their own firm last week. They will do a lot of what they have in the past using his CPA and CFP skills to help people with tax and financial planning. Doesn't that sound important? We are very excited and of course nervous about this transition. I have to say that I am really not that worried, Michael has always been one of the hardest working people I know, with all his knowledge and hard work how could clients not want to use his firm? But, we do appreciate prayers for wisdom and discernment!
Friday we said so long to the crib. I have to say this made me a lot more sad than I realized. I never would have guessed that I am that mom that gets a little teary realizing my baby doesn't need a crib anymore. Buddy buddy has been such a great sleeper his whole life and I wondered what this transition would bring. But, true to himself he has transitioned very well after one night that was crazy because Mamma was a little overzealous with her checking in. He loves to talk about his big bed and thanks to the beloved lovey and pappy he is happy to be lifted in. I must admit I dread the day we give up the pappy...yikes!
I will show you pictures of the big bed once the duvet is done. I am again LOVING Avery's room and Linde's genius in getting extra fabric when she did Avery's design. All we did was take out the crib and put in a bed, the duvet is being made with leftover crib fabric so Avery's room looks great and familiar during a time of transition with very little work on our parts!
Now we just have to get a new business up and running and a green room transitioned into a room rivaling the best nursery ever!

3 comments:
it's going to be tough...avery's room is one of the cutest around! can't wait to see the nursery and i have no idea how you will be able to walk by that closed door everyday and not peek. i would 100% cheat!
You will definitely have to let me know your secret for transitioning to the "big bed" We will be doing that soon!
What a wonderful "adventure" that Michael is starting his own company. From one business owner's wife to another ... it feels scary at first, but it's so wonderful to watch your husband succeed in HIS business. Fun! I can't believe Avery is moving to a big boy bed!! I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment