Monday, January 11, 2010

Re-Wind

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well, I know I am behind but I want to document our Christnas anyway so here goes.  I had a great day at work Christmas Eve.  Michael and Avery hung out at home and enjoyed Avery's first and probably last for a very long time White Christmas.  Michael said Avery LOVED the snow and cried and cried when he had to come inside.  He apparently would get his hat and mittens and stand by the door begging for someone to take him out every few minutes.  Christmas Eve night was a treacherous drive home from work, I am so thankful I made it home safely and that my co-workers did, too.  We enjoyed chicken enchilada soup with Papa and LouLou, Linde and Jeff and Jeff's parents!


Christmas morning started with a bang! Buddy buddy woke up in a fabulous mood, which never ceases to amaze me, ready to go. I attempted to read to him about baby Jesus the real reason for Christmas before we started the craziness but someone was already a little too excited hearing all his peeps to care.  This was a recurring theme, he also was not interested in the story at bedtime Christmas eve.  We did play with our nativity scene, but who knows if that made any connection... At least we tried. 

I think the best Christmas present Avery got this year was that he got to spend Christmas morning with so many of the people he loves.  It cracked me up to see Avery look up and just make sure everyone he loved was still there, and of course focusing their attention on him.  Honey and Pop drove in Christmas morning just to be with us and Aunt Linde and Uncle Jeff came over first thing, too.  Pap and LouLou spent the night with us so they were in on the fun also.  We were sad Grandma and Grandad didn't make it, the roads were still a little too icy for great-grandparents coming from Allen. 

Santa brought Avery a shopping cart and some Elmo goodies.  The shopping cart was a HUGE hit.  Avery pushed it all over the house and has faithfully continued to shop every chance he gets.  I can't help but crack up when he says shop-ping and marches off with his buggy and his reusable shopping bag from Aunt Susan Jo.  Thank goodness great Aunt Susan Jo got him a manly bag to shop with. 

All that "shop-ping" will wear a boy out, so after lots of play time Avery stretched out with some of his new books to rest before lunch. 
We also had so much fun eating a yummy Christmas lunch with Papa, LouLou, Aunt Linde Uncle Jeff and Uncle Jeff's family.  I had fun making some of the food and was so thankful for the good old Greenberg turkey (seriously, the best and only turkey I will eat) and lots of help from Mom and Linde! 
Merry Merry even if it is January!

2 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

looks like it was a good one! merry late christmas.

annalee said...

i cannot wait to see that boy! i'm so stinkin' excited for him to play in adelaide's kitchen with her.