Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fabulous Firsts!

Avery had a very exciting first this weekend!!!  He got to ride on an airplane!  Avery is a huge fan of airplanes.  He loves to talk about them, read about them, look for them in the sky and always tells us when he hears one flying overhead. 
I am a little sad I missed this experience, but Michael was dad/husband of the century and not only navigated the first flight alone, but documented for me and my blog friends!

Michael said that Avery was also very excited about the BIG trucks that drove up next to the plane...I can see his point what more could a boy want than a big plane and big truck??

Michael said that most of the flight went really well, but that Avery would then deicde he was tired of his seatbelt and begin loudly announcing that he was stuck....
Michael and his new best friend Mr. Nathan (who was so sweet and let Avery look out his window) would remind Avery he was stuck on purpose!!

Who me??  I'm just sittin' here

Avery also had his first hotel experience.  I have avoided hotels like the plague since Avery.  I have been really panicked he would cry and scream and keep people up all night long and we would be those people with that baby/toddler

I am glad to say Avery was great, slept in his pack n play like a champ and was obviously so busy working on some serious bed head that he had no time to scream and bother people.
Man, I love that little face!

4 comments:

MELANIE said...

Yes, Michael deserves a medal. What a good daddy! And to take such good pictures for you/us all! :) I love his bed head too. His "hair had a party!" Glad he was good in the hotel for y'all--we stayed out of our room as much as we could in Kemah for that very reason. (they gave us a room at the very end of the hall so that was nice too!)

Cindy said...

Avery, I just love the who me face!
LouLou

kristin fulghum said...

oh man, that first pic of avery is so cute...he looks so grown up!

Tiffany said...

What a fun daddy/Avery trip! And good for you for staying in a hotel for the first time! Very proud! He is getting SO big! I'm proud of Michael for taking so many pictures and documenting this trip! Way to go!