Okay, so I can't decide what to do about the whole double stroller situation. I need some help from moms out there who have 2 kiddos. Here's what I know....
- Avery is a GREAT stroller kid, he will gladly sit in his stroller for very long, I am talking hours when we were training for the 3 day, periods of time without complaining.
- I need Avery to stay a stroller kid, he loves to run, touch, mess with everything. I don't want to chase him with a newborn, Avery won't turn 2 until Wee is 2-3 weeks old...
- I did NOT like the Graco travel system stroller. While it was great that the car seat clicked right in I thought it was too bulky and a little hard to drive, but Michael liked it a lot.
- I LOVE my peg prego stroller. It isn't a true umbrella stroller, but it is lightweight, has a snack tray and a basket and pushed great in our old neighborhood with old sidewalks, plus it wasn't bulky at places like my beloved North Park
- I don't mind making an investment in a good double stroller that we will use for a long time, we think we want 3 kids so maybe even after Avery is out could be for Wee 2 & 3(oh my word, I wonder if we will or if we will wimp out after 2)
So here is what I am wondering....
Should I go with a side by side that is narrow enough to fit through doorways (the city mini above is) because Avery will do better the way he always has and getting to see everything, even though they are more expensive OR is is not worth the money his stroller days are numbered just get a good sit and stand and move on....
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!



12 comments:
My Advice is to get the coolest, greatest, most LONG LASTiNG one:) your nephs and nieces will love a good hand me down :) ha!!
We got the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand Double Stroller for JD and Meg - it can transition from a double stroller to a sit and stand.
JD does really well in the stroller too, so I like having that option. We used it for the first time at Baby Boot Camp and I liked it!
Hmm, whatever you decide, I would say get a good one for walks... that's the main thing we have used our hand me down bulky double stroller for. And you seem to like to go for walks and stuff.
Mine doesn't fit in my trunk so I can't use it at the mall. I am ashamed to say that I haven't been to the mall since Sam was born!!! Boy that's really sad now that I think about it! If I were to go it would be by myself anyways. And if I had North Park I would definitely go :)
I do miss the stroller days with Kate - she was such a good stroller rider, too. Things take longer now with her holding my hand and walking.
I am voting for a great side by side. Emme's is so easy to push (when we training) and fits in the car. It worked for MC and C. That means when Wee3 or Gee1 comes along, there will still be seating for 2.
LouLou
it doesn't matter one bit to me which one you pick, because i know either way i will get to walk next to you as we push them on many vacations:)
I have no expertise on the Double Stroller Dilemma. But, you asked about the paci ... we have been limiting it to C's bed for a long time now. Then one night we just decided to take it away. We didn't make a big deal of it ... we just told him that pacis were for babies and he was a big boy now. He's been done with them ever since! Good luck to you when you guys take that step!
Um, I say get the one that looks pretty:) That's my advice! I'll come babysit and push them around in the pretty stroller at the beloved Northpark ANYTIME!!!
I have a sit and stand , Lilly had not turned 2 yet either when Hudson came. We use it, but usually only for the doctor, or other long outtings. She prefers to walk next to the stroller - so I am no help at all.
I have a sit and stand , Lilly had not turned 2 yet either when Hudson came. We use it, but usually only for the doctor, or other long outtings. She prefers to walk next to the stroller - so I am no help at all.
We're having the exact same dilemma and honestly, I can't decide what I want to do!
There is a way-too-expensive Joovy sit and stand (I think it's called the Ergo) but it allows the baby carrier to be in the back (where an older child would sit/stand, facing towards the mom) while leaving the front seat open for the toddler...which would be really nce because the boys can grow into it, too...but we are having a hard time deciding if it's worth it or if we'll hate lugging it around...
All that to say, I'm interested to see what you decide! We're so completely stumped on this one.
You know my heart belongs to phil and ted.
I'm glad you asked this question because I have recently realized that the realm of double strollers is so much more complicated than single strollers. And from trusted sources, I have heard that you might want to get both kinds of strollers because you will use them for different situations. I might be shopping used this time! Will you tell us what you decide to get?
Post a Comment