This weekend we traveled to Tyler, AGAIN, but for yet another really fun reason. Our 10 year reunion. Michael and I had a great weekend with friends. Here's my 10 year Reunion TOP TEN (in no particular order).....
#2 Listening to the 90's station on XM on the way to the reunion to "get in the mood" only to hear all the same songs from the cool cat DJ while we were there.
#4 Seeing that while everyone had changed, no one had changed. I was surprised that everyone was still hanging out with the same people doing just what you would expect for the most part, ourselves included. Everyone even still basically looked the same.
#7 Watching former classmates do the Electric Slide, I am pretty sure most of them were under some influence....
#8 Spending time with 5 of my 7 best friends from high school! It was such a treat, I am so thankful for great friends who made great choices and helped me do the same. I am even more thankful that after 10 years we can still pick up where we left off time and time again. I can't wait until December when we all get together for Kim and Slim Jim's wedding.
Kimmy, Joni, me, Abby L., Neta and Mere
#9 For those of you that only read for Avery pictures.... Watching baby boy roll over so many times and be so proud each and every time. He is loving it and soo good at all the sudden.
and......
#10 ONLY HAVING TO GO TO 1 REUNION BECAUSE I GOT TO MARRY THE BOY I HAD A CRUSH ON IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!
Please note the red and black... Go Red Raiders, see you in another 10 years! And on that Red Raider note 10 1/2 Hearing the fight song after the class picture and being so tempted to do the dance :)

6 comments:
I remeber EXACTLY where the L7's got their name, but I will wait to see if anyone else remembers. You had great friends then and you do now. What fun! I think you should have preformed to the school song. I know you still know all the words.....
Mamma
oh abbe,
your reunion recap was simply splendid!
mine's this week. thankfully evan and i did not go to the same high school like you and michael. i'm not sure it would have been quite as cute as your story if i had a mega crush on a freshman all my senior year, haha.
Was there a black and white theme at the reunion??!! Great pictures..love the one of Avery on his tummy!!
I believe our name was from the Sandlot? And do you remember our lavish coronation at your house? Thanks again for a great weekend! Loved the memories and top 10!
Loved reading about the reunion. I heard about it from Kim as well. I love that you girls are all in black and white! My reunion is this weekend, so hopefully it will turn out as well as yours!
Post a Comment