Monday, May 26, 2008

My Baby Got Skills

In our house we have decided to at least attempt to be passy people. For us, we think it will be easier than taking away the thumb. I do realize Avery may have his own agenda and tell us to kiss it at any moment. But, for now he LOVES his passy. We were at dinner this week and laughed so hard when Avery showed off his latest skill for Lou Lou and Papa, how he can keep just the tiniest tip of his passy in his mouth in case he wants it back while he's resting. At night we know he has officially hit deep sleep when you hear it hit the mattress, if he's not sure he holds it just like this. Pretty impressive, don't ya think.

He also got these baby shades which are about the cutest things I have ever seen. Happy Memorial Day!

9 comments:

annalee said...

oh baby avery- you are too cool!

Lynn Leaming said...

I totally agree! The baby shades on Avery have to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Dara said...

Oh my goodness... he is so adorable! Yes, he definitely has skills! My girls took much longer to master the passy (or "bosh" as Emma named it); Avery is advanced for sure!

Amber said...

This is Amie's sister-in-law. I love those pics of Avery. I've been craving your chocolate chip coffee cake!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Too cute! We too listen for the drop of the pacifier to the mattress - what a great sound!

MELANIE said...

I love this title. Avery is a little trickster! At least he takes a paci--I'm afraid I have 2 thumb sucker habits to break!

Unknown said...

What a talent! He is just like his mamma.
LouLou

mereburk said...

Lilly liked her passy for about 7 months and one day decided she would not take it any more - hey - better than the thumb battle!

amie said...

Your baby has mad skills!!!! I love the sunglasses picture!!!