Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, and some other stuff too

First, Avery wanted to let you know that his special bond with Aunt Linde continues.... She and Avery had a play date Friday and he really enjoyed his Starbursts even though he tried to tell her no when she gave him his bottle. Who knows what else these two were up to that didn't get documented. Thanks Aunt Linde!
We 3 loaded up this time and went to Tyler for Mother's Day and my birthday. Avery got to spend Mother's Day with 4 of his grandmothers, Lou Lou, Meme, Honey and Grandma he was so glad to get to be with so many of the women in his life for this special day and celebrate it at the lake! Being a mother still doesn't feel real to me most of the time, but I am now more aware than ever that my mother is amazing. She raised, or should I say is still raising, 2 great daughters, if I do say so myself, without the help of her Mom. I truly can't imagine. I knew I loved my Mom, but loving Avery shows me how much more she has loved and cared for me. Loving Avery also leads me to rely even more heavily on my own Mom. I am so thankful for my wonderful Mamma. I am also thankful that Michael has a great Mom who has done the same for him, and that Avery has 5 great grandmothers taking care of him, too!
And, most importantly-Happy Birthday to me! I have been told that once you are a Mom you are not supposed to have a good Birthday or even really care. Well, I am choosing to miss the memo. I shamelessly dropped hints about my Birthday, demanded that we go to Tyler to celebrate, called and demanded my special Birthday dinner, and was generally bratty. Well, it worked. I had such a great Birthday. Michael took off Monday and Tuesday and we got to spend a long weekend at the lake, it was so so fun. Yesterday I got to do so many wonderful things...I slept in with my baby boy, got my haircut, ate pizza, had a blizzard, got my hair cut and colored, and most importantly spent quality time with almost all my family. We wrapped it up at home with some quality time with our immediate family. I think all Mom's should demand a great birthday, it worked out great for all of us I am pretty sure.

4 comments:

annalee said...

happy bday to you! and way to go on keeping the birthday spirit alive and well while being a mom!

Lynn Leaming said...

Glad you had such a special birthday. You are right! All mom's deserve to be celebrated on the day God began His good work in them!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you and happy mother's day to you and don't forget my birthday. I have already started my list. It was a fun 4 days!
Love
Mamma

Heidi Schlemmer said...

Would you believe that I remembered your birthday the day before? So a belated but still heart-felt HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Miss you!