Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Avery's First Road Trip

Avery and I loaded up and headed to our home away from home for the very first time last week. He was such a trooper and slept all the way to Tyler, I was so relieved. But, as soon as we hit the driveway he knew we were there and said Papa save me!
Avery's first trip to the lake would not be complete without a ride on the barge. So I wedged him into the smallest life jacket we could find and we went on a very slow ride around the lake. My sister said I was being like Brittney taking my little baby out but I think he was pretty safe and funny in his life jacket. He really didn't seem to mind.
Lou Lou shaded his eyes and kept him very comfy, she even held his passy in for him when it got loud on the way back home.
Papa let him help drive for a few minutes.



We had so much fun with my parents and a very relaxing day at the lake Friday, it was great even though we missed Daddy a lot.

Saturday our Tyler friends got to meet Avery at his "Baby Debut" he was soo good and I was so glad. He sat proudly in his carrier while his Tyler friends said hello. We were overwhelmed with all the love showered upon us. Avery was so overwhelmed he just went to sleep while wedged between all the wonderful gifts he received.
We headed home and had his baby dedication Sunday. While it was a crazy weekend, we really enjoyed that both of Avery's home towns had special things for him this weekend. He is one loved little boy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He LOVES to go to the lake!
LouLou

Heidi Schlemmer said...

Abbe, he keeps getting more adorable every time I see him. Can't wait to meet him in person!
Miss you!
Heidi

Heidi Schlemmer said...

Abbe, he keeps getting more adorable every time I see him. Can't wait to meet him in person!
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Your LouLou looks so much like YouYou!! Pretty momma, pretty daughter!

What a fun weekend at "home"!

amie said...

Love the boat pictures..especially the life jacket picture!!! Lots of fun ahead of you this summer with the boat, lake and Avery!!

Crystal said...

I'm glad to hear that the trip home went well! I LOVE the life vest; I had to laugh! He looks like a baby sandwich! Hope you are doing well & Avery is growing bigger everyday.
Crystal