Thursday, May 29, 2008

avery told me all this secret stuff about his momma while she was gone the other day



it's true! avery boy gave me all the details, just like a good little nephew would. i LOVE that i now have the inside scoop! he thought you all should know too. here are ten things he doesn't think you already know about his momma, that you should know:

1. there is always a pizza box in abbe's fridge, ALWAYS! if you have a bad day and need a piece of cold pizza, she is your girl!

2. her closet is color coded. to the "t"! even by shades. like the browns fade from new fresh brown to old fading brown. sometimes it is even by color and length of sleeve or buttons and no buttons.

3. home girl READS. everyone know this, but she reads fast. avery says she can read faster than most of you can type.

4. she used to have invisible eye brows. weird that avery told me this, because it has been a while, but it is true. even now, she barely has to pluck and they are pretty light. aunt linde has caterpillars that demand some TLC!

5. she always has the t.v. on. she loves friends over, so if no one can come, she invites her friends on t.v. she doesn't really watch all that much, just listens to them chat.

6. she was described by almost uncle jeff as a "flawless mother" to jason and leeanne the other night. it's true. she can hold baby boy, take care of him, know what he thinks and wants, when is crying vs. when he is just talking. kind of amazing. she asked me the other day if moms take pulses (as she is taking avery's pulse), then decided no and stopped. i mean really, amazing!

7. abbe has some back scratching finder nails. you know those hard press on nails from the grocery store, abbe grows her own. they are so thick and luscious that she can barely stand to cut or file them because it hurts. which is weird, because you can't feel the end of your finger nail. a birdie, not avery, told me that she uses them to scratch michael's back every night. UNBELIEVABLE! i slept next to abbe for years and got nothing more than a line drawn the middle of the bed by mom ( or dad if i was being really loud ) telling me not to cross. i would have loved those scratches!

8. whenever she gets nervous, she gets these little red spots on her neck, even if she gets the good kind of nervous (like on her wedding day)

9. avery says she is his favorite and that is why he came early. he just couldn't stand to be apart from her any more.

10. ok, avery is withholding #10 until he gets some secrets from you! what do you know about ab that everyone else needs to know??

avery boy LOVES LOVES LOVES his momma!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know lots of secrets! I will give you 2.
1. Those red spots on her neck...there is also one on her forehead if you know where to look!
2. Abbe loves her friends and is fiercely loyal, but loves her sister even more...blood comes first ALWAYS with Abbe.
What a wonderful aunt Avery has.
Love you both,
Mamma

Maddie said...

I know Abbe toots when she is nervous! I also know (this isn't a secret) she has the BEST manners of anyone I know!

amie said...

I love this post!!! Such a great idea Avery!!..and I loved that Abbe was taking his pulse!!

Secrets....hum..I think she has more dirt on me then I have on her so I better keep her secrets to myself!!!!!!

MELANIE said...

Abbe is a good, loyal friend. In the few years I've known Abbe I've learned what a great, fun friend she is to have!